DX Tatacon

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by kthnxshwn, Jan 23, 2011.

1. kthnxshwn
    OP

kthnxshwn Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2010
    United States
    I ordered this Tatacon a few weeks ago on DX:

[​IMG]

I finally got it last Thursday. I was able to use it Thursday, Friday, and a little bit of today. Then I find out that the right side of the Tatacon had decided to stop working. So, being the guy that I am, I opened it up and found that this white wire had deattached itself from the circuit board.

[​IMG]

I know I could potentially fix it myself but that's far too much of a risk if they ask me to ship it back for a replacement. Basically what I'm asking is, should I expect DX to say "Yeah, sure, we'll send you a new one" or should I expect them to say "Sorry, we aren't going to cover this"?

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    what is that thing? [​IMG]

3. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    Personally I think fixing it yourself would be far less risky than expecting DX to replace it at all, let alone expecting them to do it in any sort of timely fashion.

4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Quoted.

After all it's a really simple operation. If you don't feel comfortable in doing it, just take it to any decent electronics shop which also does repairs, and they'll solder for you for cheap.

5. kthnxshwn
    OP

kthnxshwn Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2010
    United States
    I managed to fix it myself [​IMG] Even with no soldering experience.

[​IMG]