dwl-g510 wirless card woes

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Edgedancer, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Edgedancer
    OP

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I was wondering if anyone on the forum would be able to help me. Recently, my wireless card has been disconnecting randomly but now it wot connect for a few minutes at a time if IO am that lucky. I am running Vista Basic and the card is dwl-g510 (rev C). I have installed the proper drivers for the card but nothing seems to help. I can connect to the local network but it is unable to access the internet and I know that it is not a distance problem because my brother has a computer using the same card in XP in a room further away from the router.
    I thank you in advance for any help possible. [​IMG]

2. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    You are lucky I got that card and running it through Vista as well. You have to use a different driver.

http://www.soft32.com/download_178131.html

Try those. You have to manually install and it won't come up as DWL-G510, but it'll work.

Edit: NVM, you got the Rev. C. Wow, I'll try looking for alternative drivers. Dlink has pretty cruddy support for the G510 cards.

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DWL-G510/REV_C/Drivers/

Those are the actual Dlink drivers. The ones that come with the CD are for Rev. B.

3. Jaejae

Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I had the Rev C card, the drivers that came with it were fine, sadly I cant find the CD.

Try sticking it in another PCI slot, fixed a lot of problems for me when I was using it.

4. Edgedancer
    OP

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Thanks for the replies. For some reason it is working fine at the moment but if the problem occurs again, I will take your advice.

5. Jaejae

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Oh, by the way, it uses a RaLinkTech RT2500 chipset, knowing this helped mea great deal when trying to get this working on old Ubuntu Edgy.

6. Edgedancer
    OP

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    What does Ubuntu have to do with it. I am running Vista.

7. Jaejae

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Helps if you need to know the chipset the card is based on.