Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I have a question for you... Here is my Acer HD Monitor with DVI:

http://www.tecca.com...el-lcd-monitor/

acer-21-5-widescreen-flat-panel-lcd-monitor-alternateviewsimage-320w.jpg

Since, my roommate watch the television and I dont want to interrupt him.

I found this one:

http://www.amazon.co...to+hdmi+adapter

I don't know which one I should buy it. Please help ?

Also, what about Wii ?

Look at my lcd monitor link above. I hope that you can help me with those. Thanks.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same idea and I bought a cable at a local store to try it out, but for some reason, it didn't work.
You should probably do the same to see if it works on yours, then return it to order a cheaper one on the net.

it's possible that it was because my monitor wasn't hdcp compliant.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought something like this. It works perfectly with my PS3, all I had to do was change my PS3 to 720p in order for it to work. I also have an Acer monitor, P205H. Unfortunately I was unable to find anything that worked for my Wii, the only way to hook up your Wii to your monitor is if your monitor has an RCA input, afaik. Hope you figure it out!

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... Thanks for replying.

Back to Wii question this time:

What about this... DVI to Component adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/DVI-I-component-Adapter-Switch-Plated/dp/B000Q6T0OK/ref=pd_cp_e_3

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DVI won't support sound though. You'll have to find a way to plug it into your speakers/PC line in.

I use an adaptor similar to the one JustChillin mentioned, and it works well.

You can get VGA cables for the Wii, but the results are less than stellar - especially if you play a lot of Gamecube games on it. Only way to do it though without an expensive upscaler.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVI-D = digital only
HDMI = digital
DVI-I digital/analog
component = analog

You can use a HDMI to DVI adapter with no problem for the PS3. The Wii however will need a converter box, last I checked they were around $50. I picked up a A/V reciever and speakers instead as I wanted to upgrade my computer speakers anyway.

Your monitor does not look like it has built in speakers. I rarely touch the PS3, so I do not know if it can output HDMi + audio thorugh RCA. If it is able to like the Xbox, you can pickup a RCA to 3.5mm adapter. and standard powered computer speakers.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dilav,

I know what they are. I am not dummy and I know that you are not saying that either, LOL. :)

By the way, I do not need the sound for I am deaf. I dont want a converter box but the link I posted above for DVI to Component adapter is the one I can get ?? Without a sound, of course. I don't mind. :)

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dilav,

I know what they are. I am not dummy and I know that you are not saying that either, LOL. :)

By the way, I do not need the sound for I am deaf. I dont want a converter box but the link I posted above for DVI to Component adapter is the one I can get ?? Without a sound, of course. I don't mind. :)

The page refreshed when I was typing and I had to retype the previous post. I forgot to say the Component to DVI adapters or cables will not work. The one posted is made for video cards like it stated in discription. Also your monitor has the DVI-D marking, which mean it can only accept digital signal. Component and composite uses analog signals, so you will need a component to DVI conversion box. Anything to DVI conversion are hard to find, you can use a component to HDMI and a HDMI to DVI and it should work fine.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I appreciate that. :)

EDIT: Go back to PS3.. The original link I posted for the first time.. There are the list of DVI to HDMI.. Which one ? Some have female to male and some have male to male.. I am confused.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I appreciate that. :)

EDIT: Go back to PS3.. The original link I posted for the first time.. There are the list of DVI to HDMI.. Which one ? Some have female to male and some have male to male.. I am confused.

You need a HDMI Male to DVI Male Cable, like this or this.

If you already have some extra 'regular' male to male HDMI to HDMI cables you can buy a HDMI Female to DVI Male adapter like this

Reactions: 1 person

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! That's what I am looking for.

My final question.

After I got one.. It will automatically appear on my monitor or I will have to restart at first to make ps3 game appear on my monitor ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: