Gaming DVD reading problems!?

zebular

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so a few of games I've burnt RE4, Scarface, for some reason (its really bad in scarface) during the loading and when I am actually in the game I hear the dvd rom going nuts loading like the optical eye is moving ever so slightly back and fourth like 5x a sec and I know that can't be good for it. So my question is, anyone else having this problem or is this even the same on the retail disc, is it my media I'm using, the mod chip compat with the dvd media!?!? I have NO idea at this point.

specs- wiikey and using sony DVD-Rs burning at 6x (same problem at 4x) Tried burning the images onto memorex DVD+R and they don't even get recognized

zebular

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, that really can't be good on the hardware.... knowing that its basically a plastic screw with a gear going back and fourth on it constantly its sure to wear out fast

xaxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wouldnt recomend sony dvds. i personally use memorex dvd-rs. and i burn them at 8x. i also use nero to burn all my wii games. and clonecd to burn all my gamecube games. hope this helps you.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
I too have the same problem. No matter what media/burner/speed i was using, some games constantly frooze or had long loading times. Pangya would not load at all for instance and when i was switching weapons in RE4, it would take around 5 seconds for the textures to load. The problem was easily solved though, as i changed the drive speed with my Wiikey disc. Not a longterm solution, but it works for now. At least i don´t have the horrible sounds in the tray anymore, and most games actually load faster, even retail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead