OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I just softmode my second wii using the sticky guide, running backup from HDD is find but running from DVD I get DVD Read Error (1167). My Wii is model LAH102 and I can install bootmii as Boot2 and IOS. I'm pretty sure this model is old and have no problem reading backup. I doubt someone have replace the DVD drive with newer model, is it possible? anyway that i can test to see if the dvd drive read backup? I try using USB loader GX to install the backup dvd to my HDD but it come up said Can not open DISC.
What can I do now? already try install cIOS38Rev17 as someone recommended but still no joy.

thanks in advance

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got it fixed, seem like the dvd is so old that gathering dust in it that's why it have trouble reading some disc.
I have to retry with neogamma a few time before it load the disc.

Can I use dvd cleaner kit to clean the lens? will this help at all?

thanks

psxiso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought the Wii Lens Cleaner, clean it the first time I couldn't believe how much dirt there is, no wonder it have trouble reading disc. I replace with a new one and clean it again and it came out with very little dirt. Now the wii read games that ain't work before beautifully. For $10 I could use it for years.
Thanks for the tips.

darren030172

Trophies
XP
Country
HI guys first post so hope im doing it right. Here goes, i soft modded my 3 year old 4.3e wii, the only reason it was 4.3 is one of the kids accidently updated it. but using the indiana pwns guide i had no problems. i was just using cheap dvds to burn all my backups which worked absolutly fine using neogamma.......so far all good, but kids being kids scratched most of the game disks so i decided to burn some more using the same iso's and same pc. now everything i am burning is showing dvd error 1167 so i thought bad batch of disks tried new disks, same problem, tried vertabim -r, same problem, tried 4 different pcs, again same problem, but here is the weird thing the surviving disks that the kids didnt scratch still work no problem. Any ideas would be much appriciated thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr