Hacking dvd-r way better then dvd+r

christianbran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i just bought a 50 pack of memorex dvd+r and i guess that was the wrong decision. it was on sale for 13.99 and the dvd-r had the same sale. should i take back and get dvd-r.

ps. will the wiigator gc backup use dvd-r?

christianbran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry i just want to know if i should take my dvd+r back and get dvd-r. i also want to know what wii gators gc backup loader disc will take

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure that Wiigator will make a gc backup loader. And IF the does, gc games won't magically be compatible with dvd+r. Search next time!!!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acesniper said:
I'm not even sure that Wiigator will make a gc backup loader. And IF the does, gc games won't magically be compatible with dvd+r. Search next time!!!

GC Backup Loader will be out in a couple of days

K

Kurisuellegarden

Also, gamecube games will work fine on DVD-r's. WiiGator says the ones below 600mb have problems though but I'm sure it'll be fixed before release. And waninkoko's multigame maker will be out for it too so you can fit about 3 games per a disk! Maybe more depending on the sizes!
happy.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sharpz said:
Replace them for the DVD-R just so you won't be having any problems in the future.

You could also consider investing in a better brand of media, since with memorex you can never be sure what manufacturing plant made them until you get them home and check the media code.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't worry - as long as you remember to set the booktype to DVD-ROM (or use Nero which normally does it automatically) and your burner supports it then I'd just use the DVD+R for now, there's not much point going to the hassle of exchanging them since they'll work. But in future save yourself some inconvenience and just get -R.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with DVD+R so long as you set the booktypes.
Infact, a DVD+R booktyped to DVD-ROM is more compatible apparently.

christianbran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, gamecube games will work fine on DVD-r's. WiiGator says the ones below 600mb have problems though but I'm sure it'll be fixed before release. And waninkoko's multigame maker will be out for it too so you can fit about 3 games per a disk! Maybe more depending on the sizes! happy.gif

wow that will be cool thanks for your help i think i will replace its right done the street

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: