ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I use Maxwell DVD-Rs for my Wii games which work perfectly but I accidentally bought Maxwell DVD+R and before I return them I wanted to know would I really receive a different result if I used them. So basically I'm asking does it really matter if I use + or -

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Depends what software you are using to burn it. I use Imgburn which gives me the option through that.
There should be an option called 'change book type' in it, on the screen where you select the iso file.

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using Verbatim DVD+R disks since I first modded my Wii like two years ago. Using Cyclowiz v2

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Well how do you use imgburn to change the booktype cause its not working to well for me

Look around here.

I've tried DVD+R's a few times and zilch for me. I've tried the same iso on both DVD+R and DVD-R discs and only the DVD-R discs work. I've even changed the book type. Do you need to burn at 2.4x speed or something?

DVD-R are usually the same price anyway so it doesn't matter. I've still got 90+ Verbatim DVD-R's to use
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I normally use DVD-Rs myself. I do have a few DVD+RWs that I've tested on a Wii with the booktype set to 'DVD-ROM' and they worked. Was really useful for testing games, before the USB loader came out.
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JinTrigger said:
yeah i just swapped them out for DVD-Rs........saves me all the trouble. Umm and a little off subject what is this usb loader ive heard so much about

It allows you to put your Wii isos on a usb hard drive and play them that way. Saves you burning and swapping dvds all the time. Search and you will find out more.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
JinTrigger said:
Well how do you use imgburn to change the booktype cause its not working to well for me

Look around here.

I've tried DVD+R's a few times and zilch for me. I've tried the same iso on both DVD+R and DVD-R discs and only the DVD-R discs work. I've even changed the book type. Do you need to burn at 2.4x speed or something?

DVD-R are usually the same price anyway so it doesn't matter. I've still got 90+ Verbatim DVD-R's to use
smile.gif
The guides say I have to set it to what I have. I'm not sure if that meant the disk or my drive, my computer says my drive is a Hitachi (I think that I'm looking in the right slot for that) and the disk I'm using is a Memorex.. But I don't see options for either in imgburn.
What am I supposed to do? :wtf:

EDIT:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/manaleader/...atdoidohere.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: