Hacking dvd player on wii version 4.1u

spike4209

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version 4.1u and cant get the dvd player to work. It said it was installed but I dont know how to get it to work. I seen other people online with dvd channels on there wii. can I get that with my version. My main objective is to eventually play bootleg wii games on dvd. can someone please help.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you can't cause there is no DVDx stub installer for FW_4.X, but I need someone to prove me wrong, cause I also want to do this...!!
smile.gif

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii's 'hard modded' then you'll need to install IOS202 and install DVDX on that, using the "Advanced Installation" option but, that option isn't given in the HackMii Installer and as far as I know, that's the only way (currently) you can install DVDX on a Wii on System Menu 4.0 or higher.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
hardmodded/softmodded it "doesn't matter" regarding the cIOS Installer that is hosted on MPlayerCE's google code download page. You don't need DVDx if you have installed it. If you haven't/won't install the cIOS then you require the DVDx installation, you may even need patchmii but i am unsure, but the cIOS will allow dvd playback without patchmii/DVDx on a hard/soft modded wii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spike4209 said:
I have version 4.1u and cant get the dvd player to work. It said it was installed but I dont know how to get it to work. I seen other people online with dvd channels on there wii. can I get that with my version. My main objective is to eventually play bootleg wii games on dvd. can someone please help.

This has nothing to do with being able to play dvd movies. For playing copied Wii games, you need one of Waninkoko's cIOS installed on your system which pretty much any recent softmodding guide around here for 4.0/4.1 will revolve around getting that installed on your system. Read up some more and make sure you know what you're doing and why you're doing it before you start doing anything.

spike4209

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time I try to install the dvdx on the homebrew channel, it always comes up n says
error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket
error -2011 installing stub
what does this mean n what do I need to do.
Someone was asking what we were trying to do, I am trying to play bootleg wii games on dvd

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spike4209 said:
every time I try to install the dvdx on the homebrew channel, it always comes up n says
error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket
error -2011 installing stub
what does this mean n what do I need to do.
Someone was asking what we were trying to do, I am trying to play bootleg wii games on dvd
You need to read more and find out what you're doing. You're very very much on the wrong track and if you keep just randomly trying to install things hoping for the best you're going to end up with a brick very soon.

Read first, ask questions later. There are a thousand guides out there that will all but hold your hand through the entire process. And stop posting about DVDs because everyone things you want to watch a movie.

wayne foster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did that was what this was about it was a brick. still is seems can't be undone. QAlot od what was suggested didn't work. the controller wouldn't work so I could install/run stuff or it would freeze. so I got desperate and tried a downgrade dumb idea I know so if I get a new one or used not sure what direction to go and yes I read a bunch of guides that was part of the problem. some stuff in them I couldn't run for some reason

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, trying to play Wii games off of DVDs was always a pain in the ass for me. I would suggest using USBLoader GX or Neogamma to run games from a USB HDD. You have to do so many patches, rip files, burn it using the perfect settings, etc. and it's a waste of time. If you want to use USBLoader GX, it's a lot simpler, and you can run it on an NTFS filesystem and easily transfer your files using Wii Backup Manager. A lot more cost-effective, faster, efficient, and nicer, haha. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins