Homebrew DVD Player Applications

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently updated my Wii using xzxero's Modify Any Wii Guide. I have installed 4.2U firmware, HBC 1.0.6. and DVDx v2 from HackMii Installer.

My question is what applications can I use to play DVDs from my Wii through HBC? I have tried MPlayer CE v.75 and it freezes while trying to mount the DVD. Are there any other DVD players that you can suggest? Also....any ideas on why MPlayer CE is not working for me?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only tried one DVD....and I wait about 5 minutes. It seems excessive to wait that long for a DVD to load, but I will try another DVD

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea, it shouldn't take that long

also, there are different ways to launch a dvd, i think there's a setting to "watch dvd" and another to "mount dvd", choose the one at the top called "watch dvd", it may be called something else, I don't have it memorized

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The following website has this information:
http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/

If you have installed the cIOS located: Here and is causing MPlayerCE to freeze (whilst loading up) and you can only run MPlayerCE by removing IOS202, then install the cIOS by hermes: Here. As always select an appropriate IOS to do the installation, selecting IOS202 (homebrew). A guide on how to install USB2.0/cIOS can be read: Here.

I already have IOS 202 and Hermes IOS. Is there a way to change which IOS is being used within MPlayer CE?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: