dvd playback posible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dread123, Aug 17, 2007.

1. dread123
    OP

dread123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2006
    manchester uk
    please help me answer this... a mate has advised me that he knows of 2 people whom have got Dvd playback on their wii's?? i thought they could not playback dvd films?? he says that 2007 models can?? anyone care to enlighten me?

2. Kenney

Kenney Advanced Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Your 'mate' is a liar.

3. dread123
    OP

dread123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2006
    manchester uk
    thanks..just wat i was expecting [​IMG]

4. VascoAlmeida

VascoAlmeida Banned

Banned
    Feb 26, 2006
    You actually can.. If you use the Media Player (that worked on the Gamecube too)

5. Remy669

Remy669 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2007
    Netherlands
    Kenney, also here? [​IMG]

Also, there was a rumour (or is it official?) there's coming a Wii which CAN play movie dvd's [​IMG]

6. sphere9

sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
  7. squeakypants

squeakypants Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    It'll kill your laser though. If you can spare the bit of space, just get a $10 dvd player, or just use your pc.

8. lost101

lost101 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2007
    That wouldn't be a problem if Wii Media Player could be made work over wifi or someone figures out a way to get a USB HD working, or Nintendo themselves allow it. Of course, here I am thinking about Xvid or dvds on a hd rather than on disc.

9. sphere9

sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
    i'm glad Nintendo realised that they don't need to whack a DVD player into their console, everyone already has one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice