DVD help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Hellow, Jan 25, 2010.

Jan 25, 2010

DVD help by Hellow at 7:36 AM (1,065 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Hellow
    OP

Member Hellow GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    hey guys so i have a movie that i wouldlike to burn but it is 3 minutes over the limit that movie maker allows.
    Windows movie maker allows for 150minutes per dvd, and my movie is like 2 hours and 33 minutes.
    is there any software that will lift this limit? because the file size of the film is far under the 4.7gbs of dvd space.

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Try nero. It worked for me.

3. Hellow
    OP

Australia
    it worked for over limit movies?

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    4.7 GB applies to data only. If you want to be able to watch the DVD on players as well as computers, then the 150 minute limit applies. In fact, most DVDs only allow 120 minutes of a movie.
    Use Windows Movie Maker to cut off the credits of the movie, then it should be less than 150 minutes.
    You might have to download this program from Microsoft. Note, when you said you used Movie Maker, you were actually using DVD Maker. They are different programs.

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    It did for me. I was doing the same thing you were doing. I was using windows dvd maker and it said it was too big. So I used neo and presto! Dont know how, dont care really, it just worked.

6. Hellow
    OP

Australia
    oh yes sorry i meant dvd maker.
    yeah i was wondering why my dvds say only 120 minutes but when using dvd maker they gain an extra half an hour bumping them upto 150?

7. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can do that, but it will reduce the quality of the movie. Or you can try Nero like dinofan said, but the more you go over the limit, the worse the quality will be. Windows DVD Maker limited it at 150 minutes because apparently they thought that wouldn't cause a noticeable decrease in quality. A third-party program like Nero could easily remove any limit, but the video might look like crap.

8. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    or you could just change the format to something of lower quality like a .avi for example?