Hacking DVD Dumper v1.2 source

GrEvilKin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I just wondered if Waninkoko released the source code of his DVD Dumper. I'd like to improve on it instead of coding from scratch as I don't have a lot of free time.

Edit: I want to speed up the network portion of the program, add error checking and things like that.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superdump cannot dump over network.

November 2009 said:
Don't dump anything via wifi tools becuase it's confirmed it will return a bad dump!!!

You want to fix this? Dumping 4.3 GB over Wifi seems very error prone, unless it is split into very small parts.

GrEvilKin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W hat said:
November 2009 said:
Don't dump anything via wifi tools becuase it's confirmed it will return a bad dump!!!

You want to fix this? Dumping 4.3 GB over Wifi seems very error prone, unless it is split into very small parts.

I don't see how it does bad dumps every time as you say, maybe the lack of error checking when reading. Wifi has nothing to do with this if done correctly.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way back when I first stared softmodding my Wii I made a couple dumps over WiFi.

They worked fine but it took FOREVER, to the point where I decided I was better off downloading them.

The errors are a by-product of the ridiculous amount of time it takes, rather than any actual process of the WiFi. There were quite a few times where the connection would be lost or reset, and there was no way to continue from where it left off.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you are working on the source anway, could you include a way to dump datel discs?
It bugs me for a long time that I can't have a .dol of the newest action replay I have lying around...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.