DVD Dumper isn't working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Harsky, Jan 13, 2010.

Jan 13, 2010

DVD Dumper isn't working by Harsky at 5:05 PM (2,820 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I installed HBC on my 4.2 Wii and USB Loader GX works nicely enough. I realised that downloading the ISOs isn't for me but conveniently my relative happens to have tons of Wii games that he doesn't mind letting me borrow. The problem is that when I run DVD Dumper 1.3 via HBC, I get taken back to the main menu screen without the actual program running. Am I missing a step or is there any other Wii dumper program I can use?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can use usb loader gx (or configurable usb loader) to dump wii games (much faster than dvd dumper i might add)

super dump is faster than dvd dumper (but also slower than a usb loader), but it is ideal for copying gamecube games. Both of these apps require you have a functional cIOS249, did you install that?

3. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Like above said, dump your games directly via the USB-Loader, much faster, and you can also configure there if you want the Update and other Partitions too (at least with CFG-Loader. Better use that loader, most stable one...GX has sometimes some uh...problems...).

4. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Well, I followed this guide

http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/USB-Loader

And since it doesn't have any mention of cIOS249, I think I don't have that installed. Anyways, I checked out another guide and it had cIOS249-v14.wad including in the installation pack. Should I install that with the Wad Manager now?

5. XFlak

Canada
    +1

i used to be a fan of usbloader gx until around the time fat32 support came out, then I switch to configurable usb loader and I have had no regrets. Personally, i think if giantpune were to join up with oggzee and gannon to work on configurable usb loader, it would be amazing! Mad respect for the devs behind both loaders.

6. XFlak

Canada
    yes u should, but i dont think it will work right away for u because u r on 4.2, chances are u already have a stub ios249

u will have to use any title deleter to delete the stub ios 249 and 250, then install the cios wads u found

did u install hermes cios 222/223 v4? if not, u should.

7. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Hmm. Looks like USB Loader GX can back up my copy of Wii game and I didn't notice that little "install" button that was staring at me all this time. Plus it's a lot faster than the whole, "taking 2 hours to dump Wii game" from other dumpers.

I might make the switch to Uloader soon but I literally jumped into the whole Wii modding thing just yesterday so there is a ton of things I gotta figure out first.

BTW, is there still any problems in installing NTSC VC wads on a PAL Wii? Also is there any problem where AFTER installing the Wad, I can still move the game to the SD card and run it from there?

Last offtopic question, has when running Wad Manager 1.5, is there any problem in installing the Wad in IOS36 as it mentioned when I first loaded it up?

8. XFlak

Canada
    u realize we recommended configurable usb loader (not uloader) right? feel free to do whatever u like though

U need a regionfree system menu hack (using priiloader or startpatch, see my signature for priiloader info/download) to play other region wiiware/vc games. U may want to use triiforce instead (google it)

U should be able to copy/move any channel to your sd card no problem (it wont work on another wii that didn't have it installed normally first though because it will be missing the ticker). There is another system menu hack for removing copy protection from game saves if your interested (again see my signature)

when using wad manager, u can use any IOS that has the trucha bug (although i think cIOS249 offers better usb 2.0 support), so some common ios' that will work (after completely modding your wii), is 36, 60 or 70 (assuming u patched your system menu wad and your either on 4.1 or 4.2), 222, 223, 249, 250 (and maybe more depending on your setup). So to answer your Q, yes 36 will work, but u should use 249 if u have it

I strongly recommend downloading and using this version of wad manager, it is THE BEST

9. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Now a new problem has appeared regarding the VC and SD card. Installed VC Wad to Wii system memory. Okay. Moved the channel from the Wii to the SD card. Still okay. Getting a, "failed to launch" message when running the wad from the SD card. Not okay.

I did search the and there was a topic that had the same problem:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143369

Where the solution is meant to be "install IOS60". Now, it's been almost a year but I was wondering if a different solution has surfaced in that time or is IOS60 the only way I can get the VC/SD thing working?

10. XFlak

Canada
    u need a patched system menu IOS to run pirated wiiware/vc games, so patch IOS 70 if you/re on 4.2, ad patch IOS60 if you're on 4.1 or 4.0

its weird that it would be working from the sys menu but not after moving them to the sd card. You're trying to play it from the same wii you installed to right? (because if u install a channel on your wii, and move it to the sd card via wii menu, it cannot be played on some1 else's wii (unless they have also "purchased"/installed the same game)

11. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    xflak40, you only need a trucha bugged SM IOS to play from the SD card. The rest of the time the sigs are only checked on install.

12. XFlak

Canada
    ooooooh, that explains it... I'm not as knowledgable on the details as I've always had a trucha bugged sys menu IOS so I've never had any problems

thanks cwstjdenobs... can't wait 4 your next project to be unveiled, great work!

13. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Got something else I want to ask but want to confirm. When I want to uninstall a WAD, does it HAVE to be the same exact WAD I used to install in WAD Manager or can I use a WAD that is the same VC game and from the same region but it has a different filename?

14. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    should think so

but if you don't have the exact wad file any more use wanni's wad creator to create the wad from nand and then you can uninstall and keep the wad if you want

15. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Or:

-Delete it from the official Nintendo Channel-Manager (don't make a Drama because it won't touch the ticket..doesn't hurt in any way.)
    -Use AnyTitle Deleter DB (Mod from giantpune)

But the last point can be dangerous if you uninstall something wrong...(although it has a Brick Waring-Display, as far as I know, and you have to be dumb/N00B to brick your Wii...)

16. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    So is the whole ticket issue only relavent when the worst comes to the worst and I have to send my Nintendo in for repair? Well, I don't think that applies to me since the warranty expired ages ago.