Hacking DVD Drive Vulnerability

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi everyone. I think that everyone knows how people used to play pirated games on the xbox 360. They would simply modify the dvd-drive's firmware to boot backup dvd's. What's stopping us from doing the same for the xbox one? Can someone explain this to me?

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

A Very-Large Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like to know more info about this or any potential exploits for the xbox one, if anyone knows. I'm now mostly curious because MS has stopped making them, and I have a one original collecting dust now, since getting a series x.

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I would also like to know more info about this or any potential exploits for the xbox one, if anyone knows. I'm now mostly curious because MS has stopped making them, and I have a one original collecting dust now, since getting a series x.
Exactly! I have an original XB1 too. I heard that the xbox 360 also had a supervisor, but it didn't interfere with the custom dvd drive firmware loading backup dvd's. I think that there might be a way to pull this off. And with access to dev mode, couldn't we extract the DVD Drive keys to overwrite it's firmware?

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a Xbox - Xbox 360 deal where the security hardly changed. For reference, the final Xbox 360 DVD drives are not even hackable unless you get the key with a RGH - and this is just assuming they'd use the same security methods

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not a Xbox - Xbox 360 deal where the security hardly changed. For reference, the final Xbox 360 DVD drives are not even hackable unless you get the key with a RGH - and this is just assuming they'd use the same security methods
The final models winchester boards were never possible.

Reactions: Andrei1744

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks for explaining it to me everyone. If Microsoft didn't add the bounty feature, we would surely have a hacked xbox one. I think that most of the hackers report the vulnerability to Microsoft because they offer a huge amount of money. Could we make something like that? A site where people put bounties. Everyone could add some money to the bounty, and if someone makes the vulnerability work, they would get all the stashed money. I would add probably 250$ to get it started.

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem based on my own research is we have no way of working out the deviation angles on the disc geometry. The arm cpu on the dvd drive can be accessed I have found via spi and a bus pirate but I cannot interact with the chip at all but its still progress I have slowly been making. If anyone has the time i'd love someone to collaborate on this as I have way more research and progress that I am unwilling to share here for obvious reasons :)

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The problem based on my own research is we have no way of working out the deviation angles on the disc geometry. The arm cpu on the dvd drive can be accessed I have found via spi and a bus pirate but I cannot interact with the chip at all but its still progress I have slowly been making. If anyone has the time i'd love someone to collaborate on this as I have way more research and progress that I am unwilling to share here for obvious reasons :)
May I collaborate with you? Not here of course. And I am very interested in the progress that you've made.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://bokksugrocery.com/products/lotte-milkis-drink?_pos=15&_sid=79586f4f6&_ss=r