DVD drive randomly ejects...WTF?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by battousai8728, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007
  1. battousai8728
    OP

Newcomer battousai8728 Member

United States
    I installed the XCM Black Knight case, and now my DVD drive randomly ejects. I've removed the faceplate several times, I see no problems in the button holes and the eject button on the DVD drive (the little round white button that the eject button actually pushes) doesn't seem to be hitting anything. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. coroner4

Newcomer coroner4 Member

Canada
    It happened to me after I installed my wiikey. I bridged two soldering points. Let me see if I can find a post about this one and I will link it here...
    Of course, this one applies if you also modded your WII, not just installing another case.

EDIT: I couldn't find the link with the picture showing the two soldering points that should not touch, or else the disk will eject...

3. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Well then photoshop a bit [​IMG]. There is a pretty good zoomed image of the board's solder points on my site;
    http://wii.scorpei.com/Guides_external-TSSP.html

4. coroner4

Newcomer coroner4 Member

Canada
    The thing is, I don't remember which ones. He should check with a multimeter all the points and he will see which ones are touching.
    But again, I don't think this problem applies to battousai8728.