Hardware DVD drive randomly ejects...WTF?

battousai8728

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed the XCM Black Knight case, and now my DVD drive randomly ejects. I've removed the faceplate several times, I see no problems in the button holes and the eject button on the DVD drive (the little round white button that the eject button actually pushes) doesn't seem to be hitting anything. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

coroner4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It happened to me after I installed my wiikey. I bridged two soldering points. Let me see if I can find a post about this one and I will link it here...
Of course, this one applies if you also modded your WII, not just installing another case.

EDIT: I couldn't find the link with the picture showing the two soldering points that should not touch, or else the disk will eject...

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It happened to me after I installed my wiikey. I bridged two soldering points. Let me see if I can find a post about this one and I will link it here...
Of course, this one applies if you also modded your WII, not just installing another case.

EDIT: I couldn't find the link with the picture showing the two soldering points that should not touch, or else the disk will eject...
Well then photoshop a bit
smile.gif
. There is a pretty good zoomed image of the board's solder points on my site;
http://wii.scorpei.com/Guides_external-TSSP.html

coroner4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well then photoshop a bit
smile.gif
. There is a pretty good zoomed image of the board's solder points on my site;
http://wii.scorpei.com/Guides_external-TSSP.html

The thing is, I don't remember which ones. He should check with a multimeter all the points and he will see which ones are touching.
But again, I don't think this problem applies to battousai8728.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.