thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, my question is that my Wii 4.2U being part of the D3-2 or LU64+ family could be altered with a older drive like a D2 or by any other type of DVD drive to enable the support of backups and DVDs. Can I use one from my computer and make some modifications to adapted to the Wii or its a totally and absolutely better way to buy an USB External Drive and try to use it to play my DVDs and stuff. I have a USB HD but I will like to be able to play DVDs too. Any ideas guys? I know that you guys have many with different solutions, come on! I want to hear them all!
yaywii.gif
biggrin.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Wii's DVD drive is proprietary; you can't use a computer drive in the Wii. You can get an older drive and replace the current one. Another option, if ou MUST have a DVD drive, would be to use a USB DVD drive.

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
d3monsting said:
USB HDD would be a better solution.

I already play backups from my USB HD, its just that I will also be able to play GC backups and other stuff like dvds and hombrew from CDs. I was just wondering if a regular DVD drive from a PC could be converted to an USB drive becuase you know that you could do the same thing with a sata HD and convert it to USB with an adapter.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
thebigboss14 said:
d3monsting said:

I already play backups from my USB HD, its just that I will also be able to play GC backups and other stuff like dvds and hombrew from CDs. I was just wondering if a regular DVD drive from a PC could be converted to an USB drive becuase you know that you could do the same thing with a sata HD and convert it to USB with an adapter.
I believe ULoader supports loading DVDs from a USB DVD Drive, but I'd still say it'd not be worth the effort, you're better off sticking with USB for all but the few problem games.

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
thebigboss14 said:
d3monsting said:

I believe ULoader supports loading DVDs from a USB DVD Drive, but I'd still say it'd not be worth the effort, you're better off sticking with USB for all but the few problem games.

You are absolutely right. I think I maybe get a cheap USB DVD Drive just to reproduce movies and music. We never know. Thanks to all of you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr