Hacking DVD Data Disc and multimedia

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have a app that allows for us to watch our videos and listen to our .mp3 files off a DVD data disc? I mean seriously, the other systems have this feature, this is pretty much LONG OVERDUE.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Do we have a app that allows for us to watch our videos and listen to our .mp3 files off a DVD data disc? I mean seriously, the other systems have this feature, this is pretty much LONG OVERDUE.
Have you been "hiding in the toilet" for the past 2 months!!

Go on wiibrew, check mplayerwii download dvd supported mplayerwii, sorted! THE END

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

Go on wiibrew, check mplayerwii download dvd supported mplayerwii, sorted! THE END
so this new version has DVD video and DVD data support or will i still need to hand on to the player that was released with DVDx?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LightyKD said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

so this new version has DVD video and DVD data support or will i still need to hand on to the player that was released with DVDx?
use the version that i said it will play evrything usb.sd.dvd.smb just install dvdx and there you go !

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME!!! I don't mind having 2 players for the separate reasons (...for now) It's just that I have DVD's of whole seasons of my favorite TV shows (All 4 seasons for Star Trek enterprise, Witch Season 1, Power Rangers Time Force, ect)
biggrin.gif
I always loved that feature on the X-Box 360 and I'm glad to have it on Wii
smile.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
AWESOME!!! I don't mind having 2 players for the separate reasons (...for now) It's just that I have DVD's of whole seasons of my favorite TV shows (All 4 seasons for Star Trek enterprise, Witch Season 1, Power Rangers Time Force, ect) I always loved that feature on the X-Box 360 and I'm glad to have it on Wii

yep, data dvd read speed is pretty good as well:) have fun with your divx files..

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

last time I checked it just supported dvd data disc. for dvd video you need to use the version of mplayer that team twiisers(spelling?) made a while ago.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, I just took a good look at wiibrew.org and found the one with DVD support, now I need to find a banner for it
tongue.gif
From what i see the player still has a bit of issue with disc with multiple folders. I'm a organization nut so it's a slight problem but for the most part it works perfectly. Right now I'm watching Star Trek Enterprise (Season 4 Terra Prime part 2).
biggrin.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
Don't worry, I just took a good look at wiibrew.org and found the one with DVD support, now I need to find a banner for it
tongue.gif
From what i see the player still has a bit of issue with disc with multiple folders. I'm a organization nut so it's a slight problem but for the most part it works perfectly. Right now I'm watching Star Trek Enterprise (Season 4 Terra Prime part 2).
biggrin.gif

Gotta love Enterprise
wink.gif

Well done!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Gotta love Enterprise
Lol, my bro has a full collection of Star trek bollox, think it was a collection "robbed" from buying the collectors magazines, he ended up getting rid off ebay lol, I could never sit and watch star trek, to me it would be a super long slow death lol, but that's me not into that, never know i might quite like it* But i never give it a chance.

unused_bagels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use mine to watch Voyager, actually. We don't have the Enterprise Box sets yet xD

So is they person who made this program going to update it? It's a little barren, and sometimes glitchy. Also, has anyone else had this problem after using the program :
insert disc (at any point, wii off/on etc.) and sometimes all you get is a click click click. 10 minutes later, it'll work if you play with it.
We only encountered this problem after using mplayer DVD ed. Any thoughts?
wacko.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive gone back to using ORB.com for media streaming to my Wii. I hate the fact that I'm streaming my D drive to the wii So I can enjoy my data disc when the wii has a perfectly good drive but right now i believe its th best solution till m player gets an update and some cool graphics wouldnt hurt either. I think this year a lot of homebrew ap creaters should focus on making their apps actually look like Wii channels... thats also long overdue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended