DVD cover question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by -KangaRod-, Mar 26, 2007.

Mar 26, 2007

DVD cover question by -KangaRod- at 7:28 AM (626 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. -KangaRod-
    OP

Member -KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Guys,
    I was taking my Wii apart today and I think I screwed up. I accidently took the top half of the dvd player off instead of taking the dvd out of the wii. I heard some springs and stuff snap, but stretched them back outI thought nothing of it and put it back together; after I took the dvd that was in there out.
    Now here is the problem. There are two little 'doors' that appear like they go down when there is no disc in the drive, but right now the dvd drive thinks there is a dvd in there, and the doors are up.
    Does anyone know what the best course of action is at this point?

2. linFox

Member linFox GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Have you tried hitting eject (provided it still turns on)?

Other than that, put the disc back in the way you took it out.

3. -KangaRod-
    OP

Canada
    once I noticed the disc was in there I put it back together and tried to eject it. I could tell something was not right though because when the disc started spinning it made kind of a grinding noise; thats why I figured I'd take it out manually and let the spring bars which look like the load and unload the discs reset; but it doesn't look like it worked; so I thought I'd check on here before I got in even further over my head.

4. -KangaRod-
    OP

Canada
    got it sorted. Just manually turned the gears down a little bit and I guess it triggered it so that when I hooked it back up and turned it on it resetted. Tomorrow I'll take it back apart and actually install the chip. Haha