Hardware DVD/CD drive slot speakers?

KingBlank

King of Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been wondering if there are any speakers you can buy that are made to fit into the same slots as DVD/CD drives etc in a desktop computer.

If anybody knows of such things please send a link!
I would really like to have some speakers for some fun at lans.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pretty sure that computers don't like to be in proximity of strong magnets. :tpi:

That said, I wouldn't be suprised if someone came up with such a contraption.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that computers don't like to be in proximity of strong magnets. :tpi:

They also don't like the rattling that comes with the speakers. Its potentially quite harmful for hdds.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Magnets can be shielded. Even hdd magnets have shield. if it was installed and implimented right, such a thing would be so cool! even as far as to come with a custom sound card for digital HD sound with an external sub.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do a search for drive bay speakers ( http://www.legend.com.au/products/pc-peripherals/speakers/168760 is something from a search).

I will say though that modern computers (though old ones are not much better) have all sorts of nice RF floating around inside them so you might have troubles somewhere down the line. I assume you are not going into this expecting good quality either and you will probably do better seeking out a set of USB powered speakers you can attach to the case headphone jack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455