GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the burner I ordered, and installed it earlier today, along with the Nero software it came with. I'm attempting to burn my first movie to DVD-R, and it looks like it's going to take a while. It is in the process of transcoding the movie for some reason, and will basically take as long to burn (according to the ETA given by Nero) as the length of the movie. This can't be normal, can it? I was under the impression you could burn a disc within 5-10 minutes.
unsure.gif

On a separate note, the movie on my computer is about 1.7GB in size, but when using Nero to burn the movie to disc, it requires the entire 4.8GB of disc space. Normal also?

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally dropped nero for other stuff long ago but that is me.
Transcoding it will allow it to play in the vast majority of DVD players whereas I sense you want to write the avi files. Leave recode out and make a data disc.
Also DVDs use MPEG2 which for the resolution of the DVDs means 2 hours normally will be about 4.35 gigabytes or a single layer disc.

I have done a fair few of the DVD ripping threads but
DVDShrink is good for messing with DVDs and can still rip 90% of what is out there. Other than that ripit4me and DVDfab HD decrypter are good rippers. There are also several other nice applications to do stuff but I suggest consulting one of the many threads around here on the subject.

For making DVDs I suggest FAVC. I have some usage here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=64975&st=0

For burning stuff Imgburn.

Imgburn now supports audio (I have yet to get around to it but I would have no problem wagering money on it being nigh on perfect) but Burrrn was good too.

Daemon tools lite (careful not to install the adware) for virtual drive.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, guys. Yeah, actually I was hoping to utilize the burned DVD-R in my regular DVD player, but it didn't occur to me I would have to first encode the file to VOB. I guess I thought the file already was in that format.

Thanks again, though. I guess I just can't bypass the encoding process.
wink.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If super made a video_ts folder, choose "recode main movie to dvd" and on the first screen use "import dvd" to choose that folder. Works for me every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16