DVD burning help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gullwing, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008

DVD burning help by Gullwing at 10:32 AM (911 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Gullwing
    OP

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    I ordered my Wiikey and it will come soon enought to mod my Wii but I have some questions about the DVD burning:

1* Which program to burn my DVDs should I choose (Nero, Img Burn or something else)?
    2*In what type of DVD should I burn the ISO I want (DVD-R)?
    3*In what speed should I burn the ISO I want?

Please answer me in simple terms and not in complicated ones cause I'm a newb.... [​IMG]

2. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    1 I like IMGBurn, nice and simple, quick and never any problems, it's also free and very small and doesn't cause some of the problems larger non free software can cause. To use >> Open IMGBurn, inset DVD in drive, navigate to .iso, click burn, done.

2 I use RITEK DVD-r's, they are very cheap, and if you get ones with G05 dye (it tells you in IMGBurn) you will never have dre's, like you will with for example Aones etc. Verbatim are the best, but way more expensive, so find RITEK g05's, I get 50 for £8.

3 I burn at any speed, but never over 8x, it doesn't really matter to me, some people swear by certain speeds, but imho, it depends on the DVD's themselves and what you pc is doing at the time. So don't be overdoing other things while burning. I have had several burn failures with other DVD's etc, but with these steps and the right DVD's no failures in hundreds of burns (I like to modify and play about a bit)

Hope that helps, but it is just my opinion on things, I'm sure others will have different opinions.

3. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Thanks for that but still on what Speed should i prefer to burn?At x2?

4. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Well...this wii likes that speed this likes that...I'm burning on 6x, but to be safe try on 4x.

5. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Mine is usually set at 8x, and really I dont take much notice myself, and never have probs.

If you want me to say an exact speed, then 4x, or 2.4x, but imho it makes no difference as long as it is good media and your pc is not doing too much at once.

At the end of the day, a DVD cost a couple of pennies, so really it is no big worry. My best advise to you would be this (as you say your a n00b).

1 - Read, read, and read. Google is your best friend.
    2 - Don't be scared to waste a DVD. (EG make custom emulators DVD's etc and gamecube multis etc or GH with you fave songs.) It's all bout enjoying it.
    3 - Don't be scarred to ask questions, it doesn't make you stupid, it in fact makes you clever by doing things you KNOW and not things you THINK.

After a while everything will become second nature and you will then move onto the VC and wiiware learning. Read the forums here often and a few other sites to stay up to date on developments.

Also, dont do anything you are unsure of without getting confirmation first online. So if a new update comes out, leave it a few days/weeks and read up on it first. Really there is no rush for most things so if your not sure, read search then ask, and everything will go smoothly.

6. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I burn at 18x to 16x Verbatim's with IMGBurn. Never had a single failed burn.

My DVD Writer is an LG GSA-H12N

7. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I'm into the VC and Wiiware intalment emulators etc.
    I'm a noob to the modding section thank u all for ur help