Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As the title of the topic suggests it already I got a problem:
I got two rather small but still very annoying grains of dust on the inside of the upper screen of my 3DS XL. Nevertheless, having OCD I can't really cope with that.
Now most people would suggest sending it to Nintendo, but for various reasons, and you can guess those, I don't really want to.

Now my question is: Is there any way I can fix this on my own?
Does anyone ever had the same problem and managed to fix it?

I'd appreciate your help guys.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I got two rather small but still very annoying grains of dust on the inside of the upper screen of my 3DS XL. Nevertheless, having OCD I can't really cope with that.
Now most people would suggest sending it to Nintendo, but for various reasons, and you can guess those, I don't really want to.

Replace the LCD, it's easy. Parts can probably be found on eBay for cheap, though stay away from knockoffs.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Replace the LCD, it's easy. Parts can probably be found on eBay for cheap, though stay away from knockoffs.

Do you maybe have some sort of tutorial? I know on the older ones (GB/GBC/GBA) there was just this adhesive lense and you could order other ones to replace those.
Does that work here too?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you maybe have some sort of tutorial? I know on the older ones (GB/GBC/GBA) there was just this adhesive lense and you could order other ones to replace those.
Does that work here too?

This is perhaps the best advice on how to do it:

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It's normal, they were there for each 3DS XL I saw in person. They're only visible with direct light on the screen, if you watch against the light. They're not visible at all during usage.

Reactions: SmileCitrus

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well you can open it yourself and remove the specks but you need to improvise a dust-free environment, otherwise you'll just get more dust inside.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it depends where that dust is. if its under the plastic screen protector it can be removed but theres a high chance of getting even more dust in there. if its a piece of debris on the screen itself like the picture below it wont be removable.

GMGeGnl.jpg

that tiny little spec looked like a dead pixel when gaming, especially when using 3d.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it depends where that dust is. if its under the plastic screen protector it can be removed but theres a high chance of getting even more dust in there. if its a piece of debris on the screen itself like the picture below it wont be removable.

GMGeGnl.jpg

that tiny little spec looked like a dead pixel when gaming, especially when using 3d.
If he means what I also saw, it's not dust, just weird dots only visible under direct light and looking against the light. Fully invisible during usage and without looking that way. If it's dust it would look like a dead pixel instead, so even during usage.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my fried got something similar with his poekmon XY 3DS XL, the shop haven't another to change so tey payed to an assitence open an clean it, but now my friend isn't happy because it hape marks that it have been oppened :x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: