Durability of the Launch PS3 Consoles

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently bought a PS3 40GB (admittedly it was advertised as the 60GB edition, but whatever, it was cheap) and it works great. Makes no annoying noise (my PS3 Slim does sometimes) and love the design.

k9A0X18.jpg

Upgraded to a 750GB HDD so got space for everything. GT6 was a pain to install though once that was over, I really enjoyed it. I did have to change the controls as it still used the old ones (X to accelerate, etc), but can't change the military time on it (no big deal).

Reactions: brickmii82

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. How much did you pay for it? I've been looking into buying one and a friend is going to sell a boxed one to me for $100.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a launch Cecha01 PS3 you may have scored a bigger deal than you realize. The early models that had native ps2 hardware are more expensive than other versions. Nice find though either way, the PS3 is a great console.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. How much did you pay for it? I've been looking into buying one and a friend is going to sell a boxed one to me for $100.
About half. But the really valuable OG PS3s are the backwards compatible with PS2.

I just learned that NTSC PS3 (60GB) BC actually had PS2 Hardware while PAL PS3 (60GB) BC had PS2 Software Emulation.

Those looking for a PS3 backwards compatible, see if it has 4 USB ports. Easiest way to identify.

OjYaAYd.jpg

(Not my photo)

Looks like a beast.

If it's a launch Cecha01 PS3 you may have scored a bigger deal than you realize. The early models that had native ps2 hardware are more expensive than other versions. Nice find though either way, the PS3 is a great console.
It's not, it's an 03.

Reactions: brickmii82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: