OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
This has become an epidemic of sorts lately with multiple instances of this happening every week and goes back to the issue of new members being oblivious of the rules. People are making second and third accounts all over the place constantly to reply to their own threads, give themselves likes and to act generally retarded.

If you make a second duplicate account for any reason you will be warned, possibly suspended and run the risk of being banned if you already have existing warns.

Read the rules people because this is getting ridiculous at this point and you are giving the staff tons of unnecessary work and jeopardizing your accounts here for stupid reasons.

https://gbatemp.net/help/terms

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh wow, so not real.

lies.gif

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question, if two people frequently use their own accounts on the same IP address, could it get falsely flagged as a duplicate account?
It could see things further investigated, however it is still going to come down to word choice, activities (if the accounts look like one is being used as an echo/booster/debate support account/sock puppet/something like https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm ), grammar choice/errors, post times, post locations, device logs...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So I just dealt with two other instances of people running dupe accounts, one with two dupes and another with five. The person with five was spamming and being an idiot all over the place and the person with two was giving us nonsense replies in PM. Needles to say both of these people are history here.

I will not tolerate this kind of bullshit from people, making us run around in circles cleaning up the messes of literal twelve year old 4chan outcasts who have no concept of the rules and no respect for us staff. We are not running a nursery here and I will not allow this forum to degenerate into a 4chan clone.
Far too many people are swanning around here acting moronic, spamming, disrespecting staff with no concept of what the rules are and no common sense about how you should behave on a forum. Then you all act shocked when we ban or suspend people who continually take the piss like it is some kind of surprising response to all of this nonsense.

All I have to say to those people is if some people don't grow up and conduct themselves in a more mature manner on GBAtemp do not be shocked if you see a load more bans incoming in the near future.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So I just dealt with two other instances of people running dupe accounts, one with two dupes and another with five. The person with five was spamming and being an idiot all over the place and the person with two was giving us nonsense replies in PM. Needles to say both of these people are history here.

I will not tolerate this kind of bullshit from people, making us run around in circles cleaning up the messes of literal twelve year old 4chan outcasts who have no concept of the rules and no respect for us staff. We are not running a nursery here and I will not allow this forum to degenerate into a 4chan clone.
Far too many people are swanning around here acting moronic, spamming, disrespecting staff with no concept of what the rules are and no common sense about how you should behave on a forum. Then you all act shocked when we ban or suspend people who continually take the piss like it is some kind of surprising response to all of this nonsense.

All I have to say to those people is if some people don't grow up and conduct themselves in a more mature manner on GBAtemp do not be shocked if you see a load more bans incoming in the near future.
I'm glad that those are gone now.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been a here and there topic talked about in the SB for some time now, glad to see it's getting dealt with in a firm manner. TBH I noticed this started round the same time the 3DS scene kicked off . . . . . now don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the 3DS scene as a whole, but every scene has it's cancer . . . . . . just saiyan.

All hail p1ngpong! :bow:

Last edited by EMP Knightmare,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
This has been a here and there topic talked about in the SB for some time now, glad to see it's getting dealt with in a firm manner. TBH I noticed this started round the same time the 3DS scene kicked off . . . . . now don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the 3DS scene as a whole, but every scene has it's cancer . . . . . . just saiyan.

All hail p1ngpong! :bow:
Unfortunately the 3DS scene is its own cancer, with the majority of people involved in it being children who don't have access to superior devices, and as you know children like to whine and moan and feel entitled to things. And act like assholes.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Can I make a dupe account if I promise to only use it to spam, give myself a bunch of likes and circumvent bans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1