Dungeon Siege 3 Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Blaze163, Aug 6, 2011.

Aug 6, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 Opinions? by Blaze163 at 10:56 PM (360 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Lali ho!

Was at Tesco earlier and they're selling the Limited Edition of Dungeon Siege 3 for the Xbox 360 for a mere £15. I'm curious if it's any good. I played the demo and it looked like a laugh, but having watched the review on Gametrailers I'm to understand it's short and kinda linear. Not qualities I look for in my RPGs. So, what is the general opinion of the game? Any good? What's it like in story, gameplay, length, linearity, etc? Worth picking up at the heavily discounted price or should I just skip it? Graphics aren't all that important, but I like the ability to stray off the beaten path a little, and I'd be in need of a good time hole, something I can sink plenty of time into.

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I got it. Didnt wait too long seeing the price tag.
    Well, I needed a game to play on xbox live and its a pretty new game, so I thought its gonna have fairly good online user base.
    It does connect to on-going games from other players and people join you when you start your own game. All goodie goodie.
    The game itself is dissapointment.

RPG is my forte, but the top-down view is the first thing that annoyed me. I was like, its minor, lets get going.. but still didnt get too far on single player. Like you said, its pretty linear.
    The character development didnt catch my interest and online co-op coudnt pull me in either.

BUT, for the price tag and it being a new game, you could try playing online with your friends [​IMG].

3. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    For £15 you can't really go wrong.
    That's about the right price for the content and fun it provides. It's nothing special.

It's pretty linear. You can wander off to random places/dungeons and do sidequests and shit, but it still feels linear. Character customization is fairly limited. Gear isn't too bad. Story isn't great.

Does the 360 have a demo for it? Gives a pretty good feel for the game.

4. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yeah, there is a demo. He already played it and didnt like it.

5. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    If it is heavily discounted, then sure, get it. It's kinda fun.

But honestly though, i regret downloading it. Sure, it was fun in the beginning, but after a while, it became just another hack and slash game.

Dialog are okay i guess, but still, it's kinda wtf(i am playing that chick with the gun, as in how the heck did she found out about her long lost bro and sis in a span of an hour time, jecus ... )

So far, it has been pretty linear, everything that u need to know and do will be handed to u on a silver spoon, there's that arrow that shows u where to go and how to get there.

It's like i have to try my best to get lost...

If you are asking me, i would say just get it if it's dirt cheap, if not, forget about it and move on... I missed the old dungeon siege..