Dumping your retail saves to a flash cart, and back.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yatesl, Aug 15, 2010.

Aug 15, 2010
  1. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey chaps. I have a DSi, with an Acekard 2i. I also have Pokémon Heart Gold. Due to simple ease of carrying stuff, I'm willing to sacrifice my PokéWalker connectivity, to be able to play Pokémon from the flash cart, along with the rest of my games that I've dumped. I remember, a good few years ago, that there was a way of dumping your save over Wifi to your PC - In fact, I did it with Pokémon Diamond. Is that still possible, with all this anti-piracy stuff? Also, how safe is it to reupload your save to a retail cart (if possible) - I imagine there's a chance of corrupting the cart, or whatever.

On a similar note, how do the new Pokémon games work on the Acekard 2i, with the latest AIKIO 1.7.1 firmware? Does it still need a patch? And, linked to that, if I used a patched .NDS file, will that affect my save when it comes back to putting it back on to a retail cart?

Cheers in advance, I just never know when I'll want to connect back to my PokéWalker!

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Well here's the thing, you can still dump the retail saves of most games, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver are problematic.

There's only two ways you can dump their gamesaves.
    The first is an NDS Adaptor Plus, a PC usb accessory that can extract save files from DS cartridges. Make sure you get the Plus version as it's the only one that can do Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    The second is using a homebrew called savhax, using it together with a Slot-2 expansion of some sort.

I've personally done the second method to get my Soul Silver retail save onto my acekard, it worked almost perfectly.
    Unfortunately, some pokémon were corrupted, some became bad eggs because of illegal EVs, others ended up with irregular names, and some blank spaces actually because occupied, but still looking blank. HOWEVER, these can all be manually fixed using Pokésav.

As for playing HG/SS on AKAIO 1.7.1, it's perfect. You don't need to run any patches or cracks. [​IMG]

3. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hmm... I think I'll leave it then. It seems a lot of effort, for something that has too many potential problems. Cheers anyway!

On a completely different note, and I'm not sure if this is 'legal' to ask - I've not played Pokémon in a while, and I just noticed that I've missed out on the "Winter's Path" and "Make a Wish - Jirachi" European events.

I've seen links to distribution ROMs for this, but none for the PAL region. Would someone be able to link them here, or is that breaching copyright and whatnot? It's a shame that Nintendo/Game Freak don't keep the Mystery Gifts available on their servers, especially when that's the only way to get Jirachi/that region!

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Distribution ROMS should work for both EU and US retail games, on retail cartridge or flashcart. [​IMG]
    But you certainly can't link to them here, no no.

5. JJBro1

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey guys, I'm trying to dump this save but once I do it says there is not enough sram for the sav, what do i do now?

6. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    What i really wanna do is get my Soul Silver save, use cheats and pokesav then put it back.