ROM Hack Dumping saves from an unhacked (but vulnerable) Switch

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, guys.

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I've tried Googling this, but came up short. I haven't really followed the Switch hacking scene. I'm aware of full solutions such as SX OS or Atmosphere, but I don't really know everything that's out there.

I basically have a stock Switch (launch day model, fully updated) that I'd like to keep that way, at least as far as installed stuff is concerned, since I use it to play online. However, I'd like to do one simple thing that may not require a full-blown CFW to be installed, which is simply dumping/restoring saves. Is there any sort of RCM solution that will allow me to run a simple payload that allows me to dump and restore saves (maybe not even booting into Horizon in the process) while keeping my Switch as good as unhacked when I remove the jig/dongles? I really don't want to be banned :P

Last edited by Shady Guy Jose, , Reason: emoji didn't register, used emoticon instead

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can do this with Memloader and Hacdiscmount but isnt nearly as simple as Checkpoint. Many people have not been banned for using Checkpoint with Atmosphere CFW on Sysnand. You can also create an emunand and do it that way

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, you can do this with Memloader and Hacdiscmount but isnt nearly as simple as Checkpoint. Many people have not been banned for using Checkpoint with Atmosphere CFW on Sysnand. You can also create an emunand and do it that way
I understand that the risk may be low, but I really need it to be zero, so anything that requires an actual install is off the table. I'll look into those two you mentioned. Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: