Dumping PS3 games on external HDD and other questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kiryu1, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Hello guys, I used download to games for PS3 before.. But now I have a decent paying job and I decided that I will now buy my games and just dump all of 'em to preserve the lens, the discs and to avoid the hassle of changing discs everytime..

Will games work immediately with a 1:1 dump? I mean If I dump a game will it play immediately?

Also, I plan on upgrading to a 2TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra.. Is it good?
    http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1000

Do you have any other recommendations for a 2TB external?

I plan on pre-ordering Far Cry 4 and The Evil Within and will buy a bunch of other games to dump them...

Hope those 2 games doesn't come with FW 4.55+ cuz I'm currently on 4.55 ROGERO...

Is ROGERO really retired?

2. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    My response:
    If you're that worried about firmware updates and stuff, you should update to Habib 4.65 or something. I was reluctant to leave Rogero like you but I finally decided to switch over and didn't really see much difference between the two developers except maybe the Cobra stuff I will never use.

If Rogero comes back with a new perfected CFW, you could always software downgrade back to 3.55 and update to 4.60. (Don't update from higher to lower directly, I can't guarantee it's completely 100% safe so I'm telling you to go the actual safe route and downgrade then reupdate to that lower firmware)

kiryu1 likes this.
  3. kiryu1
    OP

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014

Thanks! I'll do that..