Hacking Dumping Original Roms to obtain headers, A sky users predicament

SuperJunkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,​
Been reading this forum for a while, I think it's informative if you put the effort in. I've read thousands of pages on here over the past few months and thought I got everything ready for when my new 3ds came.​
The only part I'm completely screwed on is actually dumping my own header, I thought that would be the easiest bit? HA wrong.​
Well today it arrived, running on firmware 9.0.0-20E which upon learning got me a bit more excited as I knew it was going to work. It doesn't.​
It's impossible to dump any roms. I've tried the gateway method even though I don't own the card but it never kicks into gateway mode, and just holds on the black loading screen. Some for all the other methods. Project pokemon, still the same loading screen.​
I've even tried WulfyStylez menthod and it simply doesn't work on a N3DS, it just continues to load and even Cyans method just the page just says executing indefinitely.
Anyone in the same boat? I would pay for a header at this stage as really just wanna use my card and start playing games but there must be a way to do it, or maybe someone can see what I'm doing wrong? Is it just because it's a New 3DS?
Thanks for reading it if you did :D

moonly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes I am on the same boat.
Same boat here spending a day to try out WulfyStylez and Cyan's method can couldnt come up something useful....

Perhaps I am just too stupid.

SuperJunkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I am on the same boat.
Same boat here spending a day to try out WulfyStylez and Cyan's method can couldnt come up something useful....

Perhaps I am just too stupid.

I've tried every method I can think of, even combined a few and still no luck. Don't feel stupid, there's not exactly a tutorial to follow.

So I'm presuming you have a New 3ds too? Do you know what firmware it's running on?

Here's the screen I always get
u7lkk9B.jpg

Polymira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't dump the rom on a N3DS at this time unfortunately. If you have an older 3DS at 9.2 or lower, or have a friend with one, you can do it on those however.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Gateway 3DS currently DOES NOT support New 3DS (Read the freaking stickies)
Only way to get your private headers is to borrow a 3DS/3DS XL/2DS and dump the game

SuperJunkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, I guess I was just hoping there would have been a work around for it or something that I'd able to understand. I'll just have to use the sky public headers and stay offline, thanks.

I'm gonna continue reading still to try and find a way at least.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just a thing : it's not my method.
I only tried to help users to understand WulfyStylez steps.

I don't use headers, don't play online, never tried browser exploit and arm9 homebrew.

Reactions: 4ur0r

SuperJunkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a thing : it's not my method.
I only tried to help users to understand WulfyStylez steps.

I don't use headers, don't play online, never tried browser exploit and arm9 homebrew.

Sorry Cyan, didn't mean to label anything to you. Your help is much appreciated. There's a guy selling one on Ebay....hmmm

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
even if u get a private header and inject it into a rom, the sky 3ds can't play .3dz anyway so what the point?

is this true???

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't need to play .3dz, it'll play.3ds

if i inject private header to .3ds rom and dont change to .3dz how can play online?

you can inject your own header in the template

hi can you please explain to me i am getting sky3ds soon and interated in playing online using private header but i though its impossible at this momemt! how to use template

plz respond

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
As was said Gateway doesn't work for the New 3Ds so you can't extract something yet. If you can't find someone with a compatible 3DS to dump it for you you could either wait for Gateway compatibility or if you want to you can even send the game to someone trustworthy on GBAtemp to rip it for you.

SuperJunkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As was said Gateway doesn't work for the New 3Ds so you can't extract something yet. If you can't find someone with a compatible 3DS to dump it for you you could either wait for Gateway compatibility or if you want to you can even send the game to someone trustworthy on GBAtemp to rip it for you.

I would be willing to do that, the game I have is Resident Evil Revelations. Got any ideas on who? Or is any one interested in doing this? You could keep the game after as long you as you don't play it online I guess.

Starkgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about users like my self with a normal 3ds xl on fw versions higher than 9.2 (in my case 9.4). What would I have to go to get private headers in my case?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I would be willing to do that, the game I have is Resident Evil Revelations. Got any ideas on who? Or is any one interested in doing this? You could keep the game after as long you as you don't play it online I guess.​
I would be willing to. Shoot me a PM.​

moonly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well I am having Old 3dsLL(JPN) on 9.4 using sky3ds. I only play MH4G online...
Tho I havent got banned yet(since I stop going online after the 002-0102 news), but for safety reason I'd better get a private header before I go online again.
The real cartridge I have is just Super Mario Bros 2 and MH4G, but sadly MH4G uses too much ram and it is impossible to go web browser while running the game.
So only SMB2 could be the one to be extracted thru RAM dump.

I can list what I've done so far out so see if I did something wrong:

I use sky3ds running MK7(JPN), I go back the skytemplate the header should be
"81 D5 AD 27 13 A6 2B C2 91 A0 C9 90 DA 90 D7 4D"
(There were 3 entries in the temp I had no idea why but I just took the first one)
so then I made 2 dumps, one is without running the game, another is running the game with "internet attempt"(my mk7 cant really go online caz havent update)
I went thru all 2 memory.bin, byte swapped, cant find a s...ingle header in the RAM dump.

So if i can't find the header location in this dump, i can't find the header in the RAM dump of SMB2.

Alright I'm stuck, anyone could lend me a helping hand?:cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: