Dumping my own 360 games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by War, Dec 19, 2008.

Dec 19, 2008

Dumping my own 360 games? by War at 5:09 PM (1,168 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hey guys. I'm getting my 360...well, probably today (I hope) and I wanted to get COD4... problem is, my mom doesn't let me download stuff until she goes to bed (slows down her internet) and now my sister is over for the holidays, and she stays up until like 4 in the morning using her compy... so can't download at night either :\ So I was thinking of maybe just renting COD4 and dumping it... but do I need a special DVD burner or something? How exactly would I go about dumping a 360 game? Are there certain requirements and such? Thanks in advance!

2. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    sorry i dont know

i just got a 360 and i just buy the games maybe its best you do because i think live can catch u

o and u should get halo 3

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Um... then why exactly did you post?

4. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    It's complicated. It involves opening an actual disc drive up, putting in another DL DVD movie, hot swapping it... [​IMG] There are a few videos on Youtube that shows how to do it, look into that.

5. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Yeah, that's the method I saw... where you insert a movie that is over 7Gbs, then do the swapping method with that one DVD program... it doesn't look all that complicated to me. Hardest part would be getting the DVD burner out and opening it up...

6. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The hotswap method is old and outdated. No need to use anymore.

Just get a samsung 162C/D or 163A/B and flash it with the kreon hacked firmware. Then get either xbox backup creator or schtrom and you're set. Just stick the disc in and tell it to make a image. Simple as that.

7. nin10do

Member nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Taiwan
    @_@ wouldn't it just be easier to set your download speed to 50% bandwidth at all times. that way your sis and mom will get reasonably fast net while you dl. also limiting upload speed can make a huge diff. just remember to seed once completed.

8. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Yeah, but that method would require me to actually buy one of those DVD burners... I don't want to buy anything, I want to use what I have at hand.

9. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    War I saw your PM and was/am making a tutorial but unfortunately you'd need to buy a Samsung drive for about $35 bucks. The plus side is no waiting hours to download 8.5 gigs of data (more if you need pars) the bad side is your out $35-50 bucks

10. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I really wouldn't mind paying the money, it's just that I can't buy anything online, so getting one would be a bitch :\ So that's why I'm looking into the swapping method.

11. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    You can use the hotswap and then autofix using xdvdmullter for the ss , dmi and pfi , but you're putting your trust in the database being perfectly accurate , but it'll get you a working backup.

12. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    War are you open to the idea of opening your 360? You can use your 360's DVD rom drive hooked up to your computer (assuming you have onboard Sata). It might be a pain in the ass to do EVERY time you want to back up a game but not a bad idea if you want to quickly back up a handful of games.

13. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    You have to reflash the drive for that. The hacked firmware that lets you play games , doesn't let you back them up. You'd have to flash the 0800 firmware to the drive (assuming it's a benQ or samsung , hitachi doesn't get one) , backup the game you want , then reflash to ixtreme to play.