OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you do it??
I have a phat DS with a M3 Real
yaynds.gif

I also have official wi-fi adapter, Wi-fi max, and a n access point......
i have wi-fi backup tool and have read a lot but i can't figere out how to use it D:
ohh ya and my acces point is a linksys WAP45G

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need to set up an FTP server on your PC, which is not a hard job for an experienced user, but can be difficult for newbies. Then you need the local network IP of your PC and put it in the WiFi BAckup Tool config, and your DS must be in the same network for Nintendo WiFi Connection as you are yourself. If you have not configured anonymous access, you need to add your user data, as well. Once you have done all that, you can use the backup tool to transfer your ROMs and saves. It is slow, though.

and you are American, you cannot create "legal backups". The DMCA does not permit them, so there are no legal ones.

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
you need to set up an FTP server on your PC, which is not a hard job for an experienced user, but can be difficult for newbies. Then you need the local network IP of your PC and put it in the WiFi BAckup Tool config, and your DS must be in the same network for Nintendo WiFi Connection as you are yourself. If you have not configured anonymous access, you need to add your user data, as well. Once you have done all that, you can use the backup tool to transfer your ROMs and saves. It is slow, though.

and you are American, you cannot create "legal backups". The DMCA does not permit them, so there are no legal ones.
So could you give me a little better of a tut? sorry i'm a noob at DS hacks but i'm pretty good at hacks for the PSP D:
yaypsp.gif

That's a nice thing to know. its not legal to have backups D:

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you just want the save file, i found eepinator works pretty well. but it doesn't work well with slot-1 flashcarts for dumping saves
frown.gif
but he has a link to a program called 'savesender' which supposedly does, haven't tried it

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:

As far as I can tell dumping the roms your self from the games you own for backup purposes is LEGAL. Just as it is to backup up your DVD collection for personnal backup.

However, even if you own the game. DOWNLOADING IT IS ILLEGAL!! No matter how or why, it remains illegal to do that.

So as long as you own the games you backup and aren't giving the games you backed up to other people to play, then you should be fine.

But even so, its not like the Nintendo Secret Police is going to come knocking on your door because you've been backing up your own games!

Seriously, a large corporation has got better things to do then sue individuals who back up their games legitimately. People who host the games and those who download MASSIVE quantities of games are more likely to be targeted! So you need not worry!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
PKGINGO said:

Well, sorry. I'm going to have to disagree with that.

So you say that if my dog eats one my game cartridges, that I have to be forced to buy another? Why?...So a rich company make MORE money! Screw that!

I'm making backup copies of my games, and if the government/company doesn't like it, they can kiss my @$$, because I'm sure as hell not going to get ripped off into buying a second copy from them if the first one gets destroyed. What are they going to do? Put cameras into everyones homes to make sure they arn't making copies of their DS games and software, or wiretap my phone and internet? I would love to see them try!

Its times like this were I want to disown America and just move to Japan or something.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, according to British law I'm fairly sure it's illegal to lend people copyrighted material (possibly in the US as well), and it's illegal to show DVDs and movies in public places such as schools, pubs, etc. But no-one gives a rat's ass about these laws. Same could be said for making legitimate copies IMO, no-one really cares, as it still isn't stealing, and so it's morally completely fine. Just the law being picky!

wildz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PKGINGO said:
Fat D said:
Incorrect.
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-digital.html

It may be legal under the Copyright Act, but Nintendo probably have more than enough legal muscle to try and prove that the game cartridges are a form of copy protection, and circumventing copy protection is illegal under the DMCA.

That said, the chance of them actually chasing you up for creating personal backups is between zero and none.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Apache Thunder said:
PKGINGO said:

Well, sorry. I'm going to have to disagree with that.

So you say that if my dog eats one my game cartridges, that I have to be forced to buy another? Why?...So a rich company make MORE money! Screw that!

I'm making backup copies of my games, and if the government/company doesn't like it, they can kiss my @$$, because I'm sure as hell not going to get ripped off into buying a second copy from them if the first one gets destroyed. What are they going to do? Put cameras into everyones homes to make sure they arn't making copies of their DS games and software, or wiretap my phone and internet? I would love to see them try!

Its times like this were I want to disown America and just move to Japan or something.
You're all failing at the point that both american and brittish justice systems are jurispructdential (I think it's spelt that way), whereas Spanish is legislative. Meaning, basically, that whatever a law says often it's more important that in a previous case a judge has stated one or another thing. The new sentence will be most likely the same as the old one (if the case is similar) so depending on the way those laws have been interpreted on the first place, laws will include (or not) certains manners of piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: