Dumping help... EZ client is crap

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Tac 21, Apr 23, 2008.

Apr 23, 2008
  1. Tac 21
    OP

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I can never get it to work with Sram... but thats another topic for later

dumping a pokemon emerld save and rom worked fine... but I can't seem to get the flipin save back on the commercal pokemon emerld cart!

is their any kind of software that does a better job?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    That depends on the hardware you have. DS or GBA? Which flashcart(s)?

3. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well he is using a ez-client which is semi proof he is using a ez card that supports it

So guesses are Pre ez-4
    or well any device realy such as Flash2Advance,XROM and other's but they all semi work together just each comes with it's own software that is interchangeable

Tac21 try some of these
    http://www.gameboy-advance.net/fal_soft/fl...ce_software.htm

4. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    GBA of course, and its not that I want to put this file in my EZ3, no, I can do that with ease.

I want to put the saver back in the pokemon emerold cart.

its ihit and miss, I've got it to work with others games before but not this one

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Get cart_save from this page: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/i....html#cart_save

Use DLDI Right Click to pack the save into cart_save.gba with the FCSR DLDI driver. See the changelog under v0.6 for instructions. It's a bit buggy, you may need to throw a few dummy files in with the save to get a working volume.

Run cart_save and follow the prompts to transfer the save to the retail cart.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Note that you'll be able to tell if the file packing failed by looking at the console window that pops up. At a certain point it should start packing the files, say "Done" and immediately say "Blessing image..." If at this point it says that any file has failed, try adding some other random files to the working folder and trying again.

7. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    doesn't send save need speical hardware?

8. DanTheManMS

United States
    Yes it does, but on the same page you'll find a program called cart_save that works with any DLDI-enabled slot-2 device.

9. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    does it need wireless? I'm pretty sure I tired this to no avil- EZ3 is not good with shoddy software, after all, EZ3 is shoddy itself

thats redicous. there has to be another SIMPLE way to upload and downlad game saves using a simple flash card writer

EZ client has worked with some games... WHY doesn't it work for others?

in any case, are there any other opitions to recomond?

remember, I'm looking for something to use with the commerical carts- the EZ manger works totally fine with the EZ III flash cart (not really, but at least that can be worked around)

10. DanTheManMS

United States
    It's a GBA program. Of course it doesn't require wireless. However, as the EZ-3 is not DLDI-capable, you'd only be able to use it to restore save files to original GBA carts, not dump save files like you want.

Your only other option GBA-wise is to use FlashManager with a compatible linker cable. DS-wise, you can use Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool.

My guess is that the EZ-client only works for games that natively save to SRAM. Have you tried looking up the games you're using on http://releases.pocketheaven.com to see what the save types are for the working and nonworking ones?

Unfortunately, just because we want something to exist doesn't make it actually exist.

11. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    crud! I thought this would be much eaiser then it actually is

I use advanscene for this information. your right- EZ client DOES only work for Sram saves. flash and eeprom get the shaft however.

the topic title is wrong- I was lucky to have the save dumped on to the computer- I now await to put my game back on the commerical fire red cart

I've attepted to use flash manger as I was lurking other forums; to which in response I get "the linker is not found" (damnit!)

what other options can put flash saves back on to their commerical carts?

aha. problem solved! "Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool" worked hassle free. I still wish I had a way to do this with the linker... a DS homebrew that came in handy! imgane that!

thank you so much. I fell bad for making two topics now!