ROM Hack Dumping GBA saves to Slot 1 card..

Passa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to dump the save off say a GBA Pokemon game and save it onto a slot 1 card, and then be able to put the save back on the GBA card (the opposite).

So pretty much the function of an Action Replay MAX for GBA just without the cheating ability.

Any idea if this is possible?

Passa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh oh.. well.. I don't think it dumped correctly.. the save doesn't work in VisualBoy Advance or my original cart (I reuploaded the dumped save..)

Have I done something wrong?! Can I still get my save back?

Passa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha.. brilliant.. now I have '214GB' of strange junk files inside the folder the application backs up to. What the hell is going on?

junkxv6.jpg

A card that could hold 214GB would be pretty sweet though.

Also, a side note, I tried backing up my F-Zero Maximum Velocity save and it worked fine, plays on emulators perfectly (finally have all my awesome times and replays on my PSP
wink.gif
). Weird.

Maybe the Emerald cart is a fake? My F-Zero cart has Big W stickers on it, it's definitely legitimate, but the Emerald cart was from eBay. Would this affect the backing up ability?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action...