Dumping and Editing ORAS Rom using New 3DS XL and Homebrew?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by EternalSeekerX, Mar 2, 2016.

1. EternalSeekerX
    OP

EternalSeekerX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Canada
    Dear Fellow users,

I have found some tools to edit the ORAS rom, but I don't know how to go about this.

I beat ORAS and on my way to beat XY, I really want to play some rom hacks to spice things up.

I own a legal copy of both games (retail cartridge) and a New 3DSXL running on firmware 10.3 (I also plan on not upgrading the firmware if this kills my Homebrew Access) and I use browserhax to launch homebrew. The New 3DSXL does come with a 4GB microSD card so thats my storage situation.

Does anyone know how I can extract and decrypt a rom from my cartridge and edit it using a randomizer and move editor and then launch the hacked version to play on my 3DS? Also if I can pull this off, does roms launched via homebrew get internet or wi fi access? Like if I have a friend who runs the same rom, can I play him on the wifi lan?

Thanks!!

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys

no wifi, but it does work offline with wireless communication

EternalSeekerX likes this.
  3. EternalSeekerX
    OP

EternalSeekerX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Canada
    Nice, I am in the dumping process. Will keep you guys updated :)

UPDATE: I did it, it worked, upgraded my game with harder enemies and edited some attacks. I didn't randomize because then i would get untradable pokemons

Last edited by EternalSeekerX, Mar 3, 2016
  4. ZeroSuitSamus

ZeroSuitSamus Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    United States
    does anyone know if you randomize ORAS can you still encounter shiny pokemon? like in the dexnav and hordes?