Dumped save from MK7 realcart and trying to flash all unlocked save?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by andre104623, Feb 20, 2015.

1. andre104623
    OP

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm trying to dump a save from MK7 then flash an all unlocked save using a gateway 3.0.4 using the gateway menu but when I do the save is messed up when starting the game and formats the card. I'm able to flash the save I dumped and it works fine any help?

2. soniczeki

soniczeki GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2010

Just rename "your dumped rom" 3ds to 3dz and copy save file to sd card with matched ID number. -> http://3ds.essh.co/

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Save encryption is unique to the cartridge, so a save you downloaded will only work with the matching cart/ROM.

4. andre104623
    OP

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Anyway to get around that

5. andre104623
    OP

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    So if you dump the game with rom dumper I can get the unique header of the cart and rewrite the save file?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, that's possible using two ROMs. One of your original cart (named .3dz), and the one the save is made for. If the save was made for GW then it probably doesn't need a header and any dump of the same region will work if named .3ds.

Use this workaround to be able to decrypt and encrypt the save with SaveDataFiler: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

You don't have to touch the header. Just get the unlocked save working with a MK7 ROM first, use SDF to decrypt that, then encrypt it for your personal ROM dump (basically once you get the unlocked save working with a ROM, rename it or make a copy with the filename described in that topic, select the MK7 ROM from the ROM menu, then export the CTR Card save with SDF. Select your own ROM dump from the menu, go to SD in SDF, highlight the save and press L+A to import it with the correct encryption.
    Then once you have encrypted the save for your personal ROM dump, you can import it to the cartridge from the GW menu.