Hacking Dumped my own copy of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD but can't it to run...

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Not sure this is the right place for this post, but anyway I decided to contribute to the community by ordering a copy of the japanese-only game Yakuza 1 & 2 HD and dumping it on my US Wii U 5.5.1

I used DDD and the dumping process seemed to be going smoothly. Process finished succesfully and the whole thing took 20 GB of space on my HDD.

I then tried to boot it in 3 different ways, but they all gave errors at the same point exactly, just after a few logo screens and when I see the title screen and have to choose between the two games, whenever I Choose one of them, it gives a short loading screen and then a different error:

1. Running it directly with DDD as part of the dumping process - no error code, just sends me back to the wii u home screen.

2. Loadiine 0.3 Mii Maker Mode - "there is a problem with the system memory" error

3. Loadiine 0.3 Smash Mode - "error reading from game disc"

Any ideas?

EDIT - SOLVED- THIS GAME IS NOW WORKING!

Last edited by Nuxx20,
Reactions: lordelan

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps check through the files and rename jp to us or something the way you would for other out of region games?

Does the JAP game play from the disc on your US console?

Edit: ninjad: great minds :)

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps check through the files and rename jp to us or something the way you would for other out of region games?

Does the JAP game play from the disc on your US console?

Edit: ninjad: great minds :)

thanks

It does load through DDD as part of the dumping process, so I just ran it instead of dumping, and like i said it boots and gets to the title(s) screen but kicks me out after the loading screen

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks

It does load through DDD as part of the dumping process, so I just ran it instead of dumping, and like i said it boots and gets to the title(s) screen but kicks me out after the loading screen

So even the retail disc fails to play on your console. (Not dumping/playing back up)

I requested this game over at THAT iso site weeks ago, and no one had it...

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even the retail disc fails to play on your console. (Not dumping/playing back up)

I requested this game over at THAT iso site weeks ago, and no one had it...

It does fail at the same point but I am not sure what is the success rate of DDD as a region free game loader in the first place

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

check the folder structure if it has folders and or files with JP, rename to US where appropriate.

Nothing with JP, the content folder only has Ogre1 and Ogre2 folders inside it with a few ogre prefix files but nothing with JP in there

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does fail at the same point but I am not sure what is the success rate of DDD as a region free game loader in the first place

Well as @Neouni and I said: try alter any JP related folders to US and try through loadiine.

@Nuxx20 can you post up the file structure for us please? Pics or copy/paste will do :)

Last edited by KiiWii,

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem can also be somewhere in the RPL\ELF but let's not assume that and continue.

try opening a command prompt in the extracted contents of the wud (alt+shift+rightclick on empty space)
and do:
dir /b /s /ogn > folder.txt

and try to dump the listing here or on a pastebin if it's deemed too long

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as @Neouni and I said: try alter any JP related folders to US and try through loadiine.

@Nuxx20 can you post up the file structure for us please? Pics or copy/paste will do :)

Here goes:

/CODE: app.xml, cos.xml, launcher.rpl, OgreBoot.rpx
/CONTENT/OGRE1: Ogre1_Debug.cpk, Ogre1_Media1.cpk, Ogre1_Media2.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_1.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_2.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_3.cpk
/CONTENT/OGRE2: Ogre2_Media1.cpk, Ogre2_Media2.cpk, Ogre2_Media3_2.cpk, Ogre2_Media3.cpk, Ogre2_Media5.cpk

/META & /SAVE aren't too important as I understood so didn't bother listing those (let me know if you need them though)

The problem can also be somewhere in the RPL\ELF but let's not assume that and continue.

try opening a command prompt in the extracted contents of the wud (alt+shift+rightclick on empty space)
and do:
dir /b /s /ogn > folder.txt

and try to dump the listing here or on a pastebin if it's deemed too long

I'm on a Mac so any chance you know the equivalent command for my OS?

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here goes:

/CODE: app.xml, cos.xml, launcher.rpl, OgreBoot.rpx
/CONTENT/OGRE1: Ogre1_Debug.cpk, Ogre1_Media1.cpk, Ogre1_Media2.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_1.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_2.cpk, Ogre1_Media3_3.cpk
/CONTENT/OGRE2: Ogre2_Media1.cpk, Ogre2_Media2.cpk, Ogre2_Media3_2.cpk, Ogre2_Media3.cpk, Ogre2_Media5.cpk

/META & /SAVE aren't too important as I understood so didn't bother listing those (let me know if you need them though)

I'm on a Mac so any chance you know the equivalent command for my OS?

ls -R > folder.txt

Just don't know all the nice formatting and sorting options.

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think @liomajor knows how to unpack CPK and repacking properly. I think that's what needs doing here, ogre 1 being yakuza 1 and ogre 2.... You know the rest.... :)

It did seem strange and different than other games' folder structure! let's hope that is the issue. Although, again, it is strange that DDD wasn't able to handle it...

Last edited by Nuxx20,

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It did seem strange and different than other games' folder structure! let's hope that is the issue. Although, again, it is strange that DDD wasn't able to handle it...

DDD is hacky apparently. Someone recently said that dumps from this fake XML files or something of the like.

The structure looks fine, it's just the packed CPKs that most likely contain the issues.

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
To be honest it's exactly like the file structure for a few games, just not as explicity titled. I'm not sure what opening the .cpk files would actually achieve in getting it running. What Neouni has suggested... was used as a solution to speed up the loading times of a certain game? The OP just didn't wait out the slow loading from what I gathered.

Not outright dismissing the idea as stranger things have happened.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest it's exactly like the file structure for a few games, just not as explicity titled. I'm not sure what opening the .cpk files would actually achieve in getting it running. What Neouni has suggested... was used as a solution to speed up the loading times of a certain game? The OP just didn't wait out the slow loading from what I gathered.

Not outright dismissing the idea as stranger things have happened.

If the CPK files are used as containers for JP titled files.... Perhaps... Who knows?!

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
If the CPK files are used as containers for JP titled files.... Perhaps... Who knows?!
In my experience if this were the case the game will outright fail to launch and just black screen or do a hideous buzzing noise and then freeze up. It most probably will have JP_blahblahblah files. However, and I'll admit it's the only game I recall using the .cpk format which is a Japanese game I successfully dumped.... so does Tokyo Mirage Sessions and that ran without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...