Hacking Dump retail Pokemon Omega Ruby and keep save for online play?

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby that I've been playing prior to receiving my Gateway. Now that I have the Gateway, I'm wondering if there's any way I can dump my cart, keep my save progress and play online. If I understand correctly, dumping using the Gateway menu will output a .3DS file, which cannot be used online. If you convert a .3DS file to .3DZ or .CIA, the save file becomes unusable. Given that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are Card2 carts that keep the save in the ROM as opposed to the SD card, would I be able to convert my Omega Ruby .3DS dump to .CIA and keep my save, or not?

JadeX92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nah, from your method it doesnt work :) Keep trying! Theres way to dump retail save to rom, i managed to do it myself with lots of googling and such. no lunch comes easy

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, from your method it doesnt work :) Keep trying! Theres way to dump retail save to rom, i managed to do it myself with lots of googling and such. no lunch comes easy

Dumping the save to the ROM isn't the issue, it's that renaming the ROM to .3DZ to enable online play renders the save unusable :(.

JadeX92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
renaming 3dz doesnt render savefile useless. its just that ORAS is 6.x savefile which Gateway doesnt read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay