Hacking Dump DS demos from the nintendo channel ?

kknn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody knows if there is a known way to dump the DS demos from the nintendo channel ?
I guess it would be either getting them from the nand or via wifi (presumably with a special wifi card?)

Also, i don't even have the nintendo channel installed (can't check right now because i don't have my wii by me)
so can someone please tell me if the channel requires you to download the demo each time you want to transfer it to your DS?
So, if you
1. go to the nintendo channel and download a ds demo, and then
2. transfer it to your ds, then
3. get out to the system menu, and then
4, go back to the nintendo channel,

do you have to download the demo again in this step? Even if you skip point 2. ?
(if the game gets stored in the NAND, we could dump it, but not if it gets erased)

I would like to play dragon ball ds which is presumably out in Japan, but i would have to either
change my wii region completely with anyregion changer, and/or install the japanese nintendo channel. (anyone tried this?)

If the anyregion changer mode is required, it would be really troublesome, hence the need to dump the games =D

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you'd have no choice but to use the AnyRegion Changer if you had a USA Wii and if you already have the Nintendo Channel, all you'd need to do is change the Country Code to #1 on the Changer so it's Shop, Forecast, News, etc. oriented for Japan Region.

I would also like to know if there's a method for dumping DS Demos, since I own a Japanese Wii. There's also a couple of Demos I'd want to dump on my own before some games actually release.
tongue.gif

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i can't access the japanese nintendo channel with my PAL wii...
frown.gif
keeps telling me wfc24 is not available or something.
but the US nintendo channel works fine
biggrin.gif

edit: i googled and found this site but cant find any download links on it, maybe theyre hidden or so, could anyone figure out?

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Downloads and then Hosts the game.

Top & Touch Screen

Gameplay

ItsMetaKnight said:
i googled and found this site but cant find any download links on it, maybe theyre hidden or so, could anyone figure out?
That must mean it's definitely possible. =o

I'm doing a NAND Dump for the hell of it, but I'm assuming the Nintendo Channel already deleted the Download. When I clicked the DB Demo, it seemed like it was much faster than when I first started trying to Download and host Wii as a Server for the Demo.

Update: Nada. =\

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also have a Japanese Wii.
Here are some clearer pics I made with my capture device:

1_23.jpg
2_2.jpg
3_1.jpg
4_19.jpg

The demo is up until September 16th.
Wish there was a demo for Pocket Monsters Platinum, though...

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty good! =P

I lack a 802.11 Wireless Device not counting my Two DS'/es. I knew it was something to do with that. I've been tempted to get a Wireless Card because of one of my Friend's developments that he's made with an Application on the DS.

I really hope there's some sort of Tool for Flash Carts, or a Wi-Fi to FTP Transfer like the Wi-Fi Backup Tool someday.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the site http://www.greenchu.de/dsdl/ :

This site shows off my very own collection of official DS Download Play games, demos, apps, etc.
Only games from official events, the Nintendo Channel (Wii), and the in-store DS Download Service are displayed.
These games are not available for download here.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ItsMetaKnight said:
oh i see
i guess it would be illegal to host downloads of them anyway...?
frown.gif
Technically yes, because they're copyrighted. On the other hand, some websites host them because they assume that Nintendo wants them to be spread around; after all, they're demo's!

kknn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.

Would you be able to capture the download to the ds? if you have wifi, try something like wireshark in promiscuous mode.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've gotten WireShark working on my Mac.

I see the Wii on 802.11 WLAN, It's just that it doesn't capture all of the Data on the Program. Or I just don't have enough to capture it with having 2 Routers going on at once crapping out the Signal. I'm also not very familiar with the program, or what data I need to capture.

I'll have to try it again another time and turn the Routers off while hosting a Demo. =\

kknn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockman GFF said:
Well, I've gotten WireShark working on my Mac.

I see the Wii on 802.11 WLAN, It's just that it doesn't capture all of the Data on the Program. Or I just don't have enough to capture it with having 2 Routers going on at once crapping out the Signal. I'm also not very familiar with the program, or what data I need to capture.

I'll have to try it again another time and turn the Routers off while hosting a Demo. =\

Try turning ON promiscuous mode in the capture options. Then you could hopefully see the wii's traffic while the DS is downloading the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte