Hacking Dump digital Wii U games to Wup Installer format?

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Still new here, so I won't reply immediately. So, recently I bought a second Wii U. I accidentally broke my old gamepad, and seeing that a standalone Wii U GamePad is a lot more expensive than a whole new console, I got a new one. My primary one is homebrewed, Haxchi and all, so I can't do a system transfer. Is there some way to dump digital games over to the WUP Installer yMod/GX2 format? Yes, I considered dumping them as a WUD and using wud2app, but my computer is very tight on storage right now and my 1.8 TB HDD is coming in a few weeks. Is there a

Edit: I can't pair the gamepad over! I just want to haxchi up my new console, not connect the gamepad to the old one.

Last edited by AmberDambey,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the Wii U came with a new GamePad, you can just sync the new pad to the original console (unless they're different regions - GamePad updates are regionlocked, and the Wii U won't let you use one if it won't update)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a way to sync an out of region gamepad, I believe. I think you have to use system config tool, which can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. generally, the lower down the option, the more dangerous it is, and the gamepad ones are near the bottom from what I remember.

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Wii U came with a new GamePad, you can just sync the new pad to the original console (unless they're different regions - GamePad updates are regionlocked, and the Wii U won't let you use one if it won't update)
The SYNC button is broken on the new one. Is there perhaps a way to pair the GamePad without the SYNC button?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SYNC button is broken on the new one. Is there perhaps a way to pair the GamePad without the SYNC button?

not that I know of. if you were use the console for something like that, logically, it would have to be synced to begin with to establish any sort of connection.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the gamepad uses some sort of unique wlan connection, so it's not bluetooth like the pro controller or wiimotes. it's also 5GHz afaik, unlike the 2.4GHz of wifi.

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that I know of. if you were use the console for something like that, logically, it would have to be synced to begin with to establish any sort of connection.
My old GamePad can still be used. I need to use DRCapture to see the GamePad screen. I can blindly tap around while looking at my computer monitor.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's possible to use that gamepad to somehow make a connection with the one with the broken sync button. I know of no way unfortunately. I think drcsim, which will display the gamepad on the computer monitor (maybe similar to your drcapture) requires the sync button. I was never able to install it though due to gksu, which is related to gui in linux, I think. there's a replacement for it, but I don't know how to get it to work. I forgot the name of it too (think it might start with a p or another g).

you need something like the panda wifi dongle to use it. I don't think it works with normal wifi. I bought the panda in preparation for drcsim, but unfortunately, gksu has been removed due to security reasons, and installing its dependencies on linux is a never ending task. lol

I actually had to buy the panda, because the sandisk connect (another wifi dongle) doesn't support 5GHz. it's kinda a pita, because I never bothered installing it (comes with a disc), since I couldn't install drcsim in the first place. it might be easier with virtual box, but I think you'd still run into the same issues as gksu is no longer available. you can install the .deb, but it has an endless series of dependencies upon dependencies to get it installed, so it's not worth it.

AmberDambey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's possible to use that gamepad to somehow make a connection with the one with the broken sync button. I know of no way unfortunately. I think drcsim, which will display the gamepad on the computer monitor (maybe similar to your drcapture) requires the sync button. I was never able to install it though due to gksu, which is related to gui in linux, I think. there's a replacement for it, but I don't know how to get it to work. I forgot the name of it too (think it might start with a p or another g).

you need something like the panda wifi dongle to use it. I don't think it works with normal wifi. I bought the panda in preparation for drcsim, but unfortunately, gksu has been removed due to security reasons, and installing its dependencies on linux is a never ending task. lol

I actually had to buy the panda, because the sandisk connect (another wifi dongle) doesn't support 5GHz. it's kinda a pita, because I never bothered installing it (comes with a disc), since I couldn't install drcsim in the first place. it might be easier with virtual box, but I think you'd still run into the same issues as gksu is no longer available. you can install the .deb, but it has an endless series of dependencies upon dependencies to get it installed, so it's not worth it.
I just want to Haxchi up my new Wii U. What happened to dumping to Wup Installer?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that question I don't know the answer to. as for haxchi, you might be able to use the drcapture to install it. I don't know if there's a way to push the buttons without a gamepad, since it's a ds game. the controllers a game supports are in the meta.xml iirc. either 1, think it's 2 though, is drc (the gamepad).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can disassemble the gamepad and try to clean the sync button with IPA or other electronics cleaner and a q-tip and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't help then your best bet might be swapping the working screen onto the gamepad with the broken screen.
Hi. Still new here, so I won't reply immediately. So, recently I bought a second Wii U. I accidentally broke my old gamepad, and seeing that a standalone Wii U GamePad is a lot more expensive than a whole new console, I got a new one. My primary one is homebrewed, Haxchi and all, so I can't do a system transfer. Is there some way to dump digital games over to the WUP Installer yMod/GX2 format? Yes, I considered dumping them as a WUD and using wud2app, but my computer is very tight on storage right now and my 1.8 TB HDD is coming in a few weeks. Is there a

Edit: I can't pair the gamepad over! I just want to haxchi up my new console, not connect the gamepad to the old one.
You can system transfer, it just won't transfer over pirated titles. You can dump the contents of your pirated titles with ftpiiu_everywhere (in Loadiine format) and then use nuspacker to pack them into installable format again. You can use ftpiiu_everywhere to dump your saves as well. Though navigating the file system to find what you need over FTP can be a hassle and the copy process is rather slow (but it would be slow dumping to FTP or USB as well - due to the Wii U's super slow FAT32 driver, so FTP is about as good as it gets), I haven't done anything on Wii U in a while so I don't remember if there is any proper homebrew for save backup/restore and about the best dedicated homebrew for dumping games is ddd and that is kind of a hassle. So FTP is probably the best method.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass