• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Dumbing Down through Media and Education

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you young and do you ever wonder,"what in the world is wrong with me?!?!?!" Well maybe there is nothing wrong with you, maybe what you are going through is a natural reaction and a screwed up world. And maybe, just maybe your benevolent benefactors aren't so benevolent at all, and maybe the one who made you suffer and climb was trying to help, and maybe the one rubbing your shoulders was setting you up. It would be akin to realizing that one's god is dead or a lie, me thinks; exactly like that in fact. A bitter pill.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Why public schools dumb us down."

Because they need people to keep voting against their own interests, that's no secret. It's also no coincidence that the states with the lowest quality and level of education are deep red. Every 4-8 years we get some nutjob heading the department of education, like Betsy DeVos, and their only goal is to end public education altogether so they can profit off private schools.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of that Q person that's in the House Education Committee.
Ah yes, the "Jewish space lasers started California's wildfires" lady. Forget the general public, these are the types of people Republicans choose to represent them on the national stage. I don't think anybody would deny that there's an ongoing crisis of education in this country, but as usual, we vehemently disagree about the causes and the solutions.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Why public schools dumb us down."

Because they need people to keep voting against their own interests, that's no secret.

Ah yes, the "Jewish space lasers started California's wildfires" lady. Forget the general public, these are the types of people Republicans choose to represent them on the national stage. I don't think anybody would deny that there's an ongoing crisis of education in this country, but as usual, we vehemently disagree about the causes and the solutions.
Vote someone in to dumb themselves down even further. Yeah, sounds about right.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
This really is the basis of the entire NPC thing. Those that fall for it refuse to see their true state as they go around repeating whatever the world poured into their head without a second thought.

Those that still think for themselves are a minority these days.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This really is the basis of the entire NPC thing. Those that fall for it refuse to see their true state as they go around repeating whatever the world poured into their head without a second thought.

Those that still think for themselves are a minority these days.
Always has been. The notion that the majority of humans think for themselves is utterly absurd and is only a wide spread notion to justify so called democracy.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm subscribed to CBS on YouTube, but if I actually believed their bullshit I'd be afraid to go outside and if I did, I'd wear 20 masks and 10 face shields. lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a