Dumb question - xdg3 games and firmware

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by elvis24, Jan 8, 2012.

Jan 8, 2012
  1. elvis24
    OP

Newcomer elvis24 Advanced Member

United States
    Have had a read through and I cant seem to find a diffinitive answer, or I havent understood the info properly.
    My 360 runs some xdg3 games like batman arkum city fine, i burned with img burn and truncated the disc. I updated my 360 cfw before xmas so I reckon its on lt+2.0.
    I have forza 4, which wont load on back up, they are verbatins and burnt properly, I didnt do the back up as I have yet to get a ihas drive, Im pretty sure the back has been patched for lt+3.0.
    My question is -
    1 - If I update to lt+3.0 will all currently working xdg3 back ups need to be patched with the topology data or will they work
    2 - if I do need to patch those titles, can I rip the iso from the truncated disc and patch it?

Thanks

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Short version- although maybe just about technically possible I sense some reburning in your near future.

1) Maybe at first but as soon as the dash is updated you will probably have to reburn as it will have changed to unique per console AP2.5 (which is what this topology stuff was released to counter).
    2) It might work if those truncated titles already worked but it is really not recommended.

3. elvis24
    OP

Newcomer elvis24 Advanced Member

United States
    Cool, many thanks.
    Ill update my 360 to the new lt+ and reburn games etc...
    Appreciatte your help.

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    If you care about XBLive then I recommend getting a iHAS burner for XGD3 games.
    Just patch them with ABGX 1.0.6 and burn them on a Verb at 2.4x

Truncated discs still work on LT 3.0 but their not recommended nor do overburned discs.

5. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    You can't rip truncated discs, I've already tried. You have to redownload and reburn them.