Hacking Dumb question concerning batteries and personal profile data...

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to keep your personal data on the DS the same when you swap out a battery? I just bought a 2000 mAh battery, and would like to keep the data - if I remember correctly, it forces you to reregister your DS as a set.

Weird.

*Offtopic tangent* There's snow on the forums! Wheeee!!!
rofl2.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe all that info is stored in onboard flash memory. Otherwise you'd lose that info if the battery ran out of power.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Its not that big a deal to re-enter a language, Name and colour is it? Just suck it up and do it although note that almost all "2000mah" batteries are crap and last less time than the official ones.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Diosoth: No, when you swap the battery it completely resets the lot. The DS will not turn on once the battery is lower than a certain point but it does not completely drain either - keeps the settings. If you had a ds sitting around long enough it would eventually lose it all.

Jamstruth: I think he is worried about having to re register as a set for certain games, such as GTA and Transformers - which treat a card and a DS as a unique pair for online purposes.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The DS and card thing will not be reset by removing the battery as far as I know. Whatever serial number it uses for that is stored in the firmware so no problems should arise from that.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
XWolf said:
Diosoth: No, when you swap the battery it completely resets the lot. The DS will not turn on once the battery is lower than a certain point but it does not completely drain either - keeps the settings. If you had a ds sitting around long enough it would eventually lose it all.

Jamstruth: I think he is worried about having to re register as a set for certain games, such as GTA and Transformers - which treat a card and a DS as a unique pair for online purposes.

Ugh. Seriously? Okay, that's not a good thing...*sigh*

Figured it was like a bios battery as well. *pout*

I'm NOT A GUY! I'm an innie not an outie!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1