Dumb question... a GUI for the Unscrambler?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by imgod22222, Feb 27, 2007.

1. imgod22222
    OP

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    Is there a GUI for the unscrambler? I'm really bad with anything command-prompt based :'( and I just don't understand it AT ALL. when i open the command prompt, it defaults to my system drive (I:\) when all my wii ISOs are on my T:\ drive (it has more space). So pretty much: I'm noob. Is there a GUI i can make (I know a bit of C++) or GUI out there that i can do this with or will someone give me the step by step of this? I got it via Wii HAck PAck from a torrent, and the readme didn't help [​IMG]

2. kristijan08

kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    start > run type in "cmd"

in dos type t:

im going to assume your games arent in a folder, copy unscrambler.exe to your t: with the .wii files, type unscrambler.exe game.wii iso.iso, for example

unscrambler.exe rayman.wii rayman.iso

then let it do its thing!

if the files are in a seperate folder after you type t: you'll have to type cd foldername, for example cd games

always make sure unscrambler.exe is in the same folder as your raw dumps.

3. Foxstar

Foxstar GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2005
    Download RawDump 1.2, it is has a built in unscrambler and is GUI based.

4. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    wait... so kristijan, if it's .wii its scrambled still and if it's .iso is unscrambled? (after extracting it from the RAR archive)

5. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    Wait, you know C++ but you can't navigate using a command prompt [​IMG]? [​IMG]

6. kristijan08

kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    correct [​IMG]

.wii = scrambled and not ready to burn
    .iso = unscrambled and ready to burn (nero or imgburn work great)

also always right click the iso choose properties and ensure the file size is "4,699,979,776 bytes" otherwise you have a bad dump!

have fun!

7. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas

I was wondering about that.I downloaded RAWdump2,but it only looked for .wii/.wod files.

Where is the list for the correct about of bytes/size for the scrambled wii game/non scrambled?

8. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
  9. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    my thoughts exactly..... odd [​IMG]

Just drag the scrambled image onto the .exe and it should work. Or yeah, I guess the latest version has a GUI. Most of the images out now are released unscrambled and ready to burn though...

10. Little

Little I r Little

Nov 20, 2006
    England
    no one said it so i thought i'd add "cd" for change directory. Like start>>CMD>> cd t:\

random of me i know =D anyone who thinks they can program but doesn't know dos should be shot [​IMG] im just kidding, but we were forced to use notepad and command prompt based javac [​IMG]

11. Reepa

Reepa Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2007
    Changing directory, yes, use cd

Changing drive, nope, just "t:"

12. imgod22222
    OP

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    what i know in C++ allows me to run a little bit of script, and then end by the prompt saying "press any key to exit" and that's about all that i can do with C++. I'm much more proficient in actionscript, but too bad that will never help me.
    I haven't done C++ in forever.. [​IMG] i feel bad.

13. Perplexer

Perplexer GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    This is untested but it might work (but it might be too oversimplified and could crap out...)

Create a text file named unscramble.bat. Put it in the same directory as unscramble.exe

It should contain the following:

UNSCRAMBLER.EXE %1 %1.iso
    REN *.*wii.iso *.iso

Drag and drop your game.wii on top of the unscramble.bat file.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice