Duke Nukem Forever Gets A Release Date

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Duke-Nukem-Forever.jpg
Publisher 2K has confirmed that, after 13 years of development, first-person shooter Duke Nukem Forever will be released on May 3 2011 in the US, and May 6 in other territories.

Gearbox Software took over development on the title last year, after original creator 3D Realms collapsed in 2009.

"The moment fans all over the world have been waiting for is almost here," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K.

"May 3, 2011 marks Duke's return as he unleashes his brash and brutally honest wit on the world. His return is going to be epic and one that will make video gaming history."

Added Gearbox president Randy Pitchford, "When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like today would come.

"Today I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May."[/p]
So on May 3rd in the US and May 6th in other territories is when we'll be finally seeing Duke Nukem Forever on all major platforms. Though I never knew that 3D Realms actually collapsed, I just though they kinda gave up. Ah well. All's well that ends well!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I bet some fans died while waiting for this game. Natural disasters, eruptions etc??
Anyways, the game really remained true to its name "forever" since it took forever to come out...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Guys! I made a bunker for this kinda situation!

Can I join?
laugh.gif

I never really played Duke Nukem. I played like 5 mins of it and I thats all I can remember playing. Is it really as good as people say

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I'm not going to be surprised if this game turns out to be a disaster. And I'm also not going to be surprised if this game becomes one of the best games of 2011.

13 years in the making can mean it will be a huge success but it can also mean it will be a massive flop.

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! This game, I mean this game. By now, most games would've been for sure dead, no, 6 years in development would've killed a game. I mean, this game is almost as old as I am, and it hasn't even been released yet. I've literally heard about this game throughout my life, and it's getting released now?!

Well then, I might just have to get this game, but, after so much things that have happened, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing was a train wreck. Then again, people do like to see a good train wreck...

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
I bet some fans died while waiting for this game. Natural disasters, eruptions old age etc??
Anyways, the game really remained true to its name "forever" since it took forever to come out...
Fixed

OT: Excited as hell! I might even get this original instead of pirating it ;O

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
GundamXXX said:
SamAsh07 said:
I bet some fans died while waiting for this game. Natural disasters, eruptions, old age etc??
Fixed

Fixed your Fix

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
GundamXXX said:
SamAsh07 said:
I bet some fans died while waiting for this game. Natural disasters, eruptions, old age etc??
Fixed

Fixed your Fix
ninja.gif
'd you ;x

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
WARNING - Trailer probably not suitable for kiddiewinks (although there is some tasteful pixelisation used)

Come get some!

Punching enemies in the nads, urinating, pole-dancers, strippers, drink, drugs and mad-ass violence......
God am I looking forward to this.

Loved Duke since Duke Nukem 3D on the Saturn
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traverse96 said:
Finally! This game, I mean this game. By now, most games would've been for sure dead, no, 6 years in development would've killed a game. I mean, this game is almost as old as I am, and it hasn't even been released yet. I've literally heard about this game throughout my life, and it's getting released now?!

Well then, I might just have to get this game, but, after so much things that have happened, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing was a train wreck. Then again, people do like to see a good train wreck...

Well it wasn't really in development all that time, the dev team was too busy playing EverQuest or something.

I don't really care about the game. It's been like over a decade since people thought it was gonna happen. I'd rather have Borderlands 2.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thirteen years and I bet it sucks.
So far from what I've seen its now a linear action FPS game of the same old same old.
Just Duke Nukem.
Kinda like over hyping something for thirteen years then release it and expect it to make some sales easy.
Though I'll admit its gonna be a good linear FPS.

I'm just dissapointed that the old open world "be able to play that pinball machine, press those buttons on a keypad" thing went away for good.
Replaced with some vehicles and everything else that's already done.

Though I'm just gonna have to see it.
They'd have to include that Xbox pad with the game for me to pre-order it though.
A very nice pad design, do want. (a real one that is)

At the very least though I wanna be able to play that pinball machine. xD If anyone remembers the old trailers.
Oh I'm hoping for that crappy E3 trailer with nothing but logos is in teh game somewhere as a joke.
I did love the ending of that trailer here.
In fact I found the whole thing very entertaining, which I wasn't expecting really.

Heh, heres hoping theres a secret old school 3D legacy mode in there too.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadow1w2 said:
Thirteen years and I bet it sucks.
So far from what I've seen its now a linear action FPS game of the same old same old.
Just Duke Nukem.
Kinda like over hyping something for thirteen years then release it and expect it to make some sales easy.
Though I'll admit its gonna be a good linear FPS.
Well duh ;p

Its gunna be linear.. thats half teh fun! ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended