Dug up an E-merger 64 GBC flash card/flasher ... anyone can help?

Jetowa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image47w.jpg

image48h.jpg

image50t.jpg

Trying to get it working using "http://scifi.pages.at/qrnqrn/e-Merger/emerger301.zip"

Anyone able to get it to boot on a modern system?

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do you mean by modern system? XP? Vista? 7?

Anyway, for those old parallel port flasher, the older the better, you should try with windows XP, maybe in Win98 compatibility mode (right click on the software ".exe")

You might also want to check your bios settings (Something called ECP/EPP I know it can sometimes makes the parallel port works faster, and sometimes not at all depending on what you plug in).

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is cool, I have an original Game Boy in mint condition in my collection & It would be neat to have a flash cartridge for it. :)
I don't have any real experience with Game Boy flash cartridges pre Game Boy Advance & I wish I could say that I did.

I'm Sorry that I can't help you but I do hope you get it working again Jetowa.

Spencer

:yaysp:

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have serious gold there. love it!

Game Boys forever!
j11rww.jpg
Aye!
My GBC is in a very bad condition. Should I get a new GBC or a GB. Either way im gonna get one of those and mod it with afterburner ^^
Ive seen the GBC modded with a frontlight out of a SP AGS-001, looks good...or you can go old school and go with a backlit DMG...Here's one I modded:
4vj0g2.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude! That's awesome! but the price isn't really yay

The Bung cards or the emerger themselves were over $100, I believe Flash memory was really expensive back then...
Because these cards are not mass produced, (unlike the current DS scene, sigh) they are priced likewise. I personally think that it's a very good price considering what it is capable of doing.

I am waiting to receive some money so that I could pick one up for myself.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ive seen the GBC modded with a frontlight out of a SP AGS-001, looks good...or you can go old school and go with a backlit DMG...Here's one I modded:
Nice, what did you use for the front light?
Yellow Game Boy I used a Backlight Kit from http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ledx3
Cool, that's exactly what I wanted to use. I was torn between that and a GBASP frontlight. I still dunno what would be better, but I'll probably buy a white one from Kitsch-Bent as it'll probably take a while to find a broken GBASP screen anyway (I should have one somewhere, but who knows where I chucked it).

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, what did you use for the front light?
Yellow Game Boy I used a Backlight Kit from http://store.kitsch-...m/product/ledx3
Cool, that's exactly what I wanted to use. I was torn between that and a GBASP frontlight. I still dunno what would be better, but I'll probably buy a white one from Kitsch-Bent as it'll probably take a while to find a broken GBASP screen anyway (I should have one somewhere, but who knows where I chucked it).
The green has the best contrast fyi.
14jpzlu.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No sharing
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know...