rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Duel Love: Koisuru Otome wa Shouri no Joshin
デュエルラブ 恋する乙女は勝利の女神

This project will have two main goals
1. direct translation from japanese to english
2. a second patch for a translation and hack for this game to be guy on guy again japanese to english

the first goal will have the following:
Complete translation of any and all japanese text into engish.
Complete translation of any and all japanese graphics into english.

the second goal will have the following:
complete translation of the any and all japanese text into engish with an alteration to change the character you play from female to male.
This will involve a sound hack as having a female voice talk when its supposed to be a guy, is just wrong.
Complete translation of any and all japanese graphics into english. Along with a more adult themed minigames (yes you get to see adult parts), instead of the way they are now. Which will mean that the patch for the second goal will get an adult rating and will include sexually explicit homosexual content. Although not much.
READ CAREFULLY KIDS YOU WILL NEED YOUR PARENTS PERMISSION TO USE AND PLAY THIS PATCH WHEN AND IF IT BECOMES AVAILABLE, IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM ITS USE AND WILL INSIST ON A DISCLAIMER BEING SIGNED FIRST. THIS SECOND PATCH WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE ALLOWED TO BE MIRRORED OR UPLOADED TO ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION.

Both goals are dependent on a de-compressor/compressor for the .ptd and .pth files. Which hasn't been made yet. At this point if there are any programmers willing to work on one p.m. me. I may be able to pay you for this. (yes I am that desperate to get working on this). Please see later posts for current file dissemination, note information is incomplete.

At this point in time (05/12/2011) I Only have a little text from the arm9 and staff lists to translate. I think that some people have made an effort to translate other parts of the game, although they haven't been in contact with me on this. Which is more than okay as I haven't made this game a priority and will not until a tool is made.

thanks to jjjewel for the help.

【Disclaimer】As this is a commercial product this game belongs to the copyright holder and or the original maker of said game. The english translated patch, any information contianed in this thread or with the patch is only for research study purposes. Organization(s) or individual(s) may not use this product, patch or the information discussed for commercial purposes in any form. I will not bear any responsibility for the consequences arising from other(s) use.

edit:
If you would like to start up you own translation of this game please do so.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
there was an error when I posted I thought I hadn't posted when apparently I had posted...
Sorry
I have taken look found a crap load of images, haven't found the text yet.
edit....
will get back to it soon

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
there was an error when I posted I thought I hadn't posted when apparently I had posted...
Sorry
I have taken look found a crap load of images, haven't found the text yet.
but then i have another treanslation on my plate that is more priority than this, still on it though!(yeaah 7th dragon)
will get back to it soon

If you're looking for the text of this game, it's in adv/script/bf.ptd. The bf.ptd is the file that contain game scripts. However, you might have to find a way to unpack and decompress it.

I tried to decompress bf.ptd with lz77 decompression programs (I tried gbalzss and the built-in function in CrystalTile2) and some parts of the text are readable (using Shift-Jis encoding) but some still look like garbage. So I think it was compressed with other program or maybe it can be decompressed with lz77 but you need to unpack the script to separate files first.

The file next to it (adv/script/bf.pth) seems to contain the script files' names so it might help.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
hey thanks I thought that was the text was but was having some slight trouble getting at it otherwise it looks like it might be scattered thoughout the game in its many of ther files

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
No where near what you are looking for
As I am still dumping text (finding is tiresome as it literally is spread through out the entire game)
the sdat will need an edit too (undecided on this)
some text is compressed some isn't
And even then this project is not a priority so 2% (low i know but hacking at it)

Kahroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything new? I would really like to play this game. And that man on man hack would be awsome. So any patch out yet?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am still translating and writing down pointers, ie nowhere near a patch release even if I find the beginning script

edit october 31 2010
update
I have started to hack this.
the basic stuff is translated.
I need to figure out how to make a custom compression thingy.
The *.ptd file contains the file data as in is a container file and, the *.pth file contains the directory and the huffman tables for the files compressed in the .ptd.

I currently have no idea how to uncompress this.

still trying to figure out how to make a wav to swav converter as I need it to change the voices that play with the text.

I have most of the images dumped except for those in the .ptd files.

this project is still on the back burner.

edit 15/04/2011
research
thats what ya gotta do...
okay I had to dig around a bit. oy...
at first I thought It was a compression from MGS Mobile&Game studio. But nope none of the games I have investigated from them have anything like it.
So I looked up bottlecube, papaya, etc any company that anything to with this game. Bottle cube seems to be the right one.
for those curious take a look at Gundam Mahjong(not really the title but its better then the really long name, still gets you where you need to go), then look up Golgo13.
If you do you will see the similarities that have got me sure that some programmer with bottlecube is using these games to finesse their copmpression system.
now if you are wondering why I include Golgo13 in this, well aside from not having a compression system, it has a file structure that appears to match that of what is inside the conatainer files of duel love.
Gundam mahjong has the 2 file system where files are listed in one then the other is the container, but different in that it does not have the offset structure that appears in duel love. close anough but not the same.
one file .lst seems to load a bunch of other files that do make sense to load to together. I just don't understand why it was not just done in an overlay or the arm9.
anyways similar enough to make me wonder what the heck is going on.
So before this I was trying to decompress the files with quickbms from the xentax forums.
when I realized there might be flags for compressed or file folder. which doesn't quite make sense unless the files are being loaded into memory to that "folder" at that address listed then decompressed later in the file
but i cannot get past what type of compression or if I am right as this still leaves one number unknown, I think it is filesize/folder size but the math doesn't add up. nor does end of file offset...
will edit and add to later, gotta go...

edit again: 09062011
okay starts with file folder names with pointer to listing of files with possible flag for number of files... sometimes.
pointer to beginning of file, size of file, flag for possibly compression or number of files, then file name.
The first file sys1212.nftr from res.ptd has yet to come out right. Though there is some errors on the nftr extra characters where there should not be from a direct copy paste to a new file. trial decompression with lz&(lzss) 10 11 40 produces nothing yasu decompression has done nothing. Editing the extra characters out that I know are there has done nothing. trimming the file a little again nothing trimming with decompression nothing... the one flags I am unsure about could be a decompression flag backwards - as the folders do not have this flag with there listing.
every file in the res.ptd and bf.ptd starts with Magic stamp YKLZ though that is not the actual start of the file. though I think that is a precursor to where the file is being loaded into memory. as after the yklz is some hex I still have to identify

edit again 08072011
the hex I yet to identify seems to be a memory address as physical rom address is incorrect. Memory though, from investigation with desmune doesn't seem to point to the right area either.
"YKLZ four zeros"0000" flag for something "01", memery offset? 4bytes for beginning 4 bytes for ending then "00" padding before the file actually starts.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you figured out the compression yet? I still can't find if it's any kind of existing compression or just a custom compression specific to this game. But some manual manipulation would let you decompress the files and reinsert the decompressed scripts back without problem. (You'll need to change some code in the .pth file though.)

https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/u...ng-projects/003

I can't recall how I did the manual decompression but the basis is similar to what was discussed in this topic.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,12638.0.html
(It's not exactly the same, but the concepts are similar.)

Some of the extracted script looks like this;
CODE
jikanido_in
?--------------------------------?
jikanido_in

??
Clerk

?

??????
??????

??????
??????

???
???????????
?????????????????

-san,
welcome to Keio Academy.
Hope you enjoy your life here.

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 1

Round 1???????
Round 1?School's Secret

bg05_a
bg05_a

hidukehenko_in
hidukehenko_in

bgm25
bgm25

PLACE ?????????
PLACE Early October

?????????????????

(I've just transferred to this
Keio Academy.)

???????????????
??????????????

My homeroom teacher must have
been waiting for me in the staff
room. I'dÂÂbetter hurry there.

se008
se008

kakudai_b_out
kakudai_b_out
This is what I have left on my computer. I can't find which folder I keep my work when I tried to hack this game. I might have saved the folder to a CD or something. I'll post some more info if I can find it.
happy.gif

Edited:
Here's some more info on the compression for YKLZ. (big pic in the spoiler tag.)

It's a little rough and I'm not sure if there's something more complicated in the compression. But the basic should be something like I explain in the pic.
happy.gif

duellovecompression.png

Here's the links for the above files in case someone might want to try writing a program to decompress it.

Original compressed file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o5xkb13dsjcvk0s/sc1010.bfs.bak
Decompressed file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2rmxlh6n6abtlik/sc1010.bfs

(Note: Some of the bytes might be slightly off or were modified somehow. It's possible that I might change a few bytes to test something, but I can't remember which file I tested.)

A few more notes for some codes used in this game.
-hiduke ?? Date
-henko = change (hidukehenko = date change)
-jikanido ???? Time Change
-kakudai Enlarge effect
-hikido Sliding door effect

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
thanks you.

Well any programmers reading this let me know if you are interested in making something.
I can send you a used m3 simply in exchange.

edit:
so load toc from file 1 with directory name(s), directory offset(s), directory size (folder size), compressed directory(folder) size, file offset(s), file size(s), compressed file size(s), file name(s) listed as strings. string to populate a menu listing with export and import functions.

when exporting file from file 2 use above information to find file (as a string) in file 2. may need to set a copy of the string. one for find operations one for replace operations.
add x offset to get to real file offset, use compressed file size as the size of string to load. after get to offset (may need to subtract yklz header and file size(s) listed beside header).
find and do;
find in string (the 00, 04, 08, 0C). when find load location to (xx) for replace/append function in second string. As some basic math needs to be done. add 1 to byte beside (xx) location then use that to subtract form (xx) to go to offset (xa) then copy set number bytes (yy - depending on 00, 04, 08, 0C) and append/replace byte in/to offset (xx) in string 2. continue from offset (xx+1) in sting 1 until having read (za) bytes form compressed file size in file 1....
oy more later...

AmuletCross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rastsan said:
If you know anything about programming.... you can help. (I don't know that much japanese either)...
Even if you don't, is there another way you could help?
I can be a beta tester...?
biggrin.gif

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright listen up if and when there is progress I will let you know. Via the first post. I still need to work out more of the decompression and make some sort of decompressor/compressor.

I have other projects I am working on or helping with. (one of my other ones just got a translator so it comes before this one).

MisaChan93

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
xxmisachiixx.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
This looks like an interesting game. However, I can't understand Japanese nor do I have a single piece of knowledge on hacking.
However, if you're in need of an English editor, I'd be glad to help. That's the only way I'm able to contribute. m(_ _)m

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE