Dude trying to seel "WiiUnlocker" package...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fluganox, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2010
  1. Fluganox
    OP

Member Fluganox GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    title: *sell (yes, it was a typo)

Link.

Tbh, looks like Hackmii Installer/BannerBomb, DVDx, USB Loader, Bootmii and Preloader. With Ocarina and some emulators thrown in there too...apparently for $29.95

This needs shutting down, I hope noone has actually bought from them.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    these assholes keep popping up like flies, it doesn't matter how many get shut down, another asshole takes his place... i'm starting to think there'll never truly be gone

I wish there was a forum on that site, or something, so we could at least tell people its all BS directly on the BS site

what we need is some1 who knows what they're doing, to get this fucking site (and all those like it) taken DOWN by any means necessary, legal or otherwise... if I was a real hacker (which i'm not, and i don't consider hacking the wii makes me a real hacker) I would try overloading his site and make sure it stays down... where's giantpune or some other evil genius when u need him... take this asshole down!!!

3. whoomph

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't agree with this crap but I think they're only selling a tutorial video. Not the actual brew. I kinda feel like anyone naive enough to pay for this, deserves to be ripped off (and banished from internetz)

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Old news. These scammers need to get a life.

I did a write up on the package and it's contents here if you're interested in what they're actually selling. 3rd post down: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=198...7&st=0&

They claim this according to their "disclaimer" at the bottom of the page.

Either way, it's illegal because they bundled the hackmii installer and IOSes in the ZIPs that come with it.

5. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    what a coincidence... this douchebag is from scottsdale arizona just like the other one. it looks like he got enough money to register this one under a business name instead of his own name like he did the last one i saw.

http://whois.domaintools.com/myhomebreware.com

im gonna start making all my apps not work for people in scottsdale, az and anywhere within 30 miles of rockton Il. if this affects you, and you care about it at all, you can go to the address listed for this asshat and bitch at him.

6. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I will send him a strongly worded email.

7. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Ping flood much? Honestly, I can't wait... I get taught hacking in my college course... but only at the end of my last year. Sigh... guess I'll only be hacking come May next year. xD

8. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    just contact the web host and claim he has your copywrite data on it and will take legal action if its not removed

9. lazor

Member lazor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dis IS DESPICABLE Thay SHOULD GO 2 JAIL

IF dis ISN'T FIXED BY teh TImez I DOWNLOAD 120 WII GAmezS FROM teh PIRATE BAY IM CALLin teh COPS

10. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    This kind of stuff really pisses me off... they charge as if they were installing THEIR software. They should charge less and say in their page that everything they install is free (and link to the pages where people could get them), and that they're charging only for the actual installation process. They still get money, and they do so without lying or breaking copyright!

EDIT: Oh wait the guy sells a DIY intruction manual, he doesn't install stuff. THAT is lame.

I really loled with that xD

11. lazor

Member lazor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    HOW D r Thay DISTRIBUTE COPYriteED MATERIALS IN AN ILLEGITMATE MANNER, CALL teh COPS ON tehM NAO

12. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    looks like some one has a broken shift key

13. Bumpman

Member Bumpman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    8 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
    ...Seems likely it's the anonymous user. But even if it's not...

WHOEVER YOU ARE, YOU NEED TO DIE AN SLOW PAINFUL DEATH AND GET SENT STRAIGHT TO HELL AFTERWARDS.

14. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Renaissance. [​IMG]

But that's beside the point. That's uh... some strong words, at a minimum.

15. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Absolutely. And that's what's wrong with piracy as well- except the devs actually get paid for it. But to distance myself from that and stay on-track, I'll stick with the notion that selling people's work for free is terrible.

And on a side note, I firmly believe that hacking someone's Wii for a price is different than selling the tools for a price. Not that it's been brought up or anything, nor does it pertain to the topic, but it's worth mentioning.

16. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I don' think there is anything wrong with charging people to mod theirs wiis via craigslist of whatever but selling others peoples work isn't right at all.I mod wiis and have done ads on craigslist but all they are paying me for is to install the mods not the software or any games or anything.I also keep backups of every nand if its able to be installed as boot2.I also offer them support anytime they have questions or problems.I have never had someone complain about anything I've done and most of the time they refer their friends and family to me.

I've seen this guys ad for some time now and it just bugs the shit outta me what he charges.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/vgm/1630312359.html

Feel free to mess with him.

17. icebrg5

United States
    The site the OP is talking about i see it posted on craigslist all the time.
    At least i think it's the same one i tried looking on craigslist and couldn't find the ad again because it usually gets flagged pretty quick.

18. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    There was no "prices are rape" flag, so I flagged it for "prohibited" [​IMG]

19. icebrg5

United States
    The guy isn't even located near me so its not like me and him are competing for wii mods or anything it just bugs me the prices he charges.Like $2 for installing each wiiware or vc game.

20. tHciNc

Member tHciNc Total Random

New Zealand
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.