DuckTales: Remastered will soon be delisted from digital storefronts

JqT71ec.png

If you want your nostalgia fix, this is the last train to Duckburg, as Capcom will be removing DuckTales: Remastered from sale on digital storefronts. You have until August 8th to grab the game, before licenses expire, and Capcom delists the game from Steam, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U. DuckTales: Remastered is currently 75%, starting today, so that fans can buy the game cheap before they lose the chance to do so, forever. If you own the game already, or grabbed it during this sale, you'll be able to keep it and re-download it even after it's been pulled, and of course, any physical releases of the game will still function as well.

:arrow: Source

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Shame the license is expiring, it's a pretty good game. Probably not worth reupping on Capcom's end though, Disney always likes to charge huge royalties if you ever dare even think of using a Disney property in anything official, would probably cost way more than they'd make back to reup the licenses.

It's nice they're selling it for cheapo though.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Steam reviews are saying the game is broken because the last boss causes a crash. Can anyone confirm this? I'm considering buying it, but not if it's broken.
It was never fixed AFAIK, but the specific cause was also never identified. Some people thought it was because of specific Nvidia GPUs, some thought it was because of Windows 7, but I don't think there's ever been a confirmed reason.

You can get around the crash, though, if you open the menu and skip the cutscene that appears just after beating the boss.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And this is why digital-only releases suck, the game wasn't even launched on the following generation consoles.
Just imagine that this happens to every console in the future, specially in a format like Stadia wants to sell, having access to the game in a fixed life span and after that, being lost forever.
Glad piracy exists in this case and the game will be preserved thanks to that.

Last edited by DSoryu,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam reviews are saying the game is broken because the last boss causes a crash. Can anyone confirm this? I'm considering buying it, but not if it's broken.
Had the launch copy on pc (warez ver) and played through the whole game fine. Tom mentioned an nvidia gpu, I had an amd gpu so thats probably why I had no problems.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
And this is why digital-only releases suck, the game wasn't even launched on the following generation consoles.
Just imagine that this happens to every console in the future, specially in a format like Stadia wants to sell, having access to the game in a fixed life span and after that, being lost forever.
Glad piracy exists in this case and the game will be preserved thanks to that.
...except this game has physical copies on all console platforms? Pretty sure the game will be "preserved" thanks to that, not piracy :rolleyes:

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...except this game has physical copies on all console platforms? Pretty sure the game will be "preserved" thanks to that, not piracy
I think there was also a substantial update released after the physical copy came out.

But really, everything is preserved one way or another these days. (I was pleased to find Scott Pilgrim vs The World the other day all neatly pre-configured with a PS3 emulator.)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is when the devs can pull a game for lack of sales, when will the time come that they remove it for lack of re downloads and use the excuse there is no demand for it, no one is downloading it after xyz of time so we are removing it to save money on storage.

Never buy digital

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol