DuckTales: Remastered will soon be delisted from digital storefronts

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 6, 2019.

1. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    but you can...I can literally buy any game made physical right now on the internet.....

engage with reality

2. npiet1

npiet1 Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    It might be.

3. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Some are very cost prohibitive, but yea, you can still at least get them if you want it bad enough.

4. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    yes it is BC

if I bought digital it would only be from MS as they care about BC

Glyptofane likes this.
  5. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
  6. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I remember this game didn't work on my PC (ran 100%), because it couldn't run correctly on a quad core of or something.

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Well i would buy it if it was on PS4 but it's only PS3 and i can't access steam from the hospital, so i can't get the pc version, So, i will play the NES version again on an emulator on PC or the bittboy :D

8. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

May 4, 2016
    United States
    On digital games it'd be nice if they did it the same way they used to with DVDs where you can get a physical copy with a digital code (or before that I think they even had discs a digital copy included). Games do cost more than movies but still it's not really a big deal and nobody's going to buy a digital and a physical anyway (unless they pull a crapcom and release digital first and physical later >:( )

9. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    This is why I almost always go for a "physical or piracy" route.

10. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    This game is selling like hot cakes right now. Not my kind of game (too old, and no nostalgia for me), but cool that they're putting it on sale

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for PC (needed for THUGPRO)

11. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    It's on sale right now on steam for just a few dollars.

12. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    "Warning: For PC version, the game-breaking issue is still there since its release date.
    During the final boss fight, the game will freeze, thus making you unable to finish the game and this issue is still not fixed."
    "There is a fix: set CPU affinity to one single core (on Win10 Task Manager open the Details tab and find the ducktales process) and skip the related cutscene. Please enjoy the boss fight."

Ericthegreat likes this.
  13. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    licensing agreements push people to piracy period

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    In the sense that Disney probably don't have a dev team in house they could assign this to and thus the game would not have existed, its existence then pushing some people towards piracy (I am pretty good at this piracy lark but I have never yet managed to pirate a game that does not exist, and I have not heard of anybody else pulling that off either*), then sure.

*back in my schoolboy days there was a guy who has an uncle that works for Nintendo that managed to play a game we had made up on the spot but that probably does not count.

15. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I have it on disc, delist that, fuckos!

Glyptofane likes this.
  16. PoiRan

PoiRan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    Sweden
    Nice game, my kids (5 and 7) have played it a lot. I got a version from somewhere (can't remember really) and then bought it on steam sale. I also have it on the Wii U. My kids have finished the game numerous times, I can't remember it crashing. I have AMD GPU.

Other remasters worth buying are Castle of Illusion, if available still it will surely disappear again eventually.

I'm prepared to buy other games similar to this, but difficult to find on the PC. My kids play old versions on wii emulators.