PS1/2 Dualshock 3

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I just received my dualshock 3 (ceramic white). I ordered it from yesasia.com.

So Dualshock 3 is heavier than sixaxis, which is a good thing. It's not too heavy of course. Otherwise it's pretty same as the sixaxis. L2 and R2 seems to be little lighter to press for some reason, but it could be just my imagination. Anyway I like it that way.

The biggest difference between sixaxis and ds3 is rumble, like everyone knows. And it seems to work fine, maybe smoother than in ds2. Tried it with devil may cry 4 demo.

I've nothing else to say so good day.

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just wondering, what exactly is the difference between DualShock 1, 2 & 3?
I'm not exactly sure, but
Dualshock 1 - It has analogs and rumble etc.
Dualshock 2 - It has dualshock 2 logo and almost all the buttons where readable as analog values, so it indicates how hard you press those buttons. Hard to explain in english.
dualshock 3 - Wireless and has sixaxis motion sencor things. And the L2 and R2 buttons are different form ds2.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying that say the D-pad and the X[]/\O buttons registered as analogue? I guess I was right in my theory 'The harder I press the faster it goes!'
tongue.gif
I was just saying I don't think it justified three versions of DualShock when the difference wasn't that great...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

part 1

part 2

part 3

3rd video explains all, as for the rest of my videos, i got my dual shock 3 like a month ago and did a big review (part 1-3) of the dual shock 3 controller, it's a lot better built than the normal sixaxis controller.
biggrin.gif
anyways i will let my videos do the talking
tongue.gif

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got a DS3 a few weeks back and im well impressed with it! Its a shame sony are taking so long to release the damn thing in europe. Although the rumble is good its nowhere near as good as the rumble in the 360 controller. 9/10 from me as it could be better. But my fave next/current gen pad is the wireless 360 pad by a mile!
smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehehe, I just ordered mine. I referred six people to open accounts on the Wachovia Bank and got 150USD for purchases =)

I ordered the black one. I think controls #3 and #4 are going to be some cheap ass ones that won't support Sixaxis functionality.

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder what is the difference? They never changed the design of the controller it still bad looking, all of them have the rumble fonction wich is not important at all, and shitty to take in hand!!

Where is the evolution???
wink2.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder what is the difference? They never changed the design of the controller it still bad looking, all of them have the rumble fonction wich is not important at all, and shitty to take in hand!!

Where is the evolution???
wink2.gif
Juat?

No PS3 controller had rumble before the Dualshock3, and believe me, rumble DOES makes the difference.
Still, I have to agree, other than the pad, the 360 controller is superior.

The "evolution" resides on the Bluetooth connectivity, the rechargeable battery and the (lousy) led depicting the player's number on the front.
Oh, and don't forget the movement sensor.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
What I mean by difference is not between sixaxes and DS3, but the 3 genrations of PS!

I wasn't talking about the difference about the DS3 and the sixaxis, but in any case:
I'm not exactly sure, but
Dualshock 1 - It has analogs and rumble etc.
Dualshock 2 - It has dualshock 2 logo and almost all the buttons where readable as analog values, so it indicates how hard you press those buttons. Hard to explain in english.
dualshock 3 - Wireless and has sixaxis motion sencor things. And the L2 and R2 buttons are different form ds2.

The truth is that the Controller is really good, that is why it is not necessary to make any changes on its layout.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
surely a controller can never be "Perfect"

I'm pretty sure ergonomic changes could still be made, personally i feel it doesn't have a very natural and comfortable feel to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)